anxious about

used an

could

and

cause

pretentious

an

--
You seem to have a problem differentiating a request from a
requirement, and since you claim that your approach is simpler than
mine - to the point of being trivial - I'd like to see your work,
rather than just listen to your hollow promises.
Reply to
John Fields

e:

te:

ore

Why do you think that?

That wasn't what I was saying at all. I was pointing out that the digital part of your circuit should have produced a "modified sine wave" for the analog part to filter, and it didn't.

Simplicity didn't come into it. Getting a modified sine wave out of a Johnson counter didn't strike me as trivial - I mentioned that I couldn't see an elegant way of doing it - though it is trivial to synthesise with conventional counters. You wanted a circuit diagram so I gave you an LTSpice example which demonstrated how I'd solved a closely related problem using LTspice's rather restricted range of digital parts. It's even easier with proper counters and decoders.

tal

The importance of the residual phase differences depends on the application. That minimising the 3rd harmonic content of the digital source minimises the filters RC products doesn't.

kes

I'd no idea what you had in mind when you originally designed the circuit, and it's irrelevant to any assessment of how it does what it does. The version you posted is clearly intended to produce three versions of the same sine wave at 120 degree phase separation, and it is a distinctly clumsy way of doing it. Why it's clumsy in the way that it is does reflect the history that you have since revealed, and does nothing to bolster you claim to be a master of circuit design. I stick to my original claim that your circuit design isn't great, if better than your doggerel.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
The point isn't at all obvious, since if it were you'd have no
compunction in posting a schematic proving its obviousness.

As it is, you're skating on thin ice and you know it, and your posting
a schematic of your solution would be like sprinkling salt on your
pond.
Reply to
John Fields

te:

rote:

te:

ee

.

e more

t it

It's obvious to me, and anybody else moderately skilled in the art. Putting a schematic together takes time, and I'm not going to waste time educating just you. Find a remedial electronics course somewhere and pay the people for time they'll have spend getting you up to speed.

You really haven't got a clue, have you.

Your grasp of sematics is notoriously weak. I've long since gotten tired of trying to express stuff in the sort of short, simple sentence that you can - sometimes - manage to follow.

The are psycholinguists who are interested in people who have difficulty processing complex sentences. She's not one of them.

It may be jibber-jabber to you, but it's perfectly comprehensible to people with normal parsing skills.

Why should I bother emphasising the obvious?

Perhaps, but it wasn't the subject under discussion.

I did.

Not exactly true. The circuit produces a modified sine wave with a rather different output stage, but the bistables and logic gates involved in getting the necessary time intervals are doing almost exactly the job that you should have done.

That would be Helmut Sennewald, but where has he made these libraries available? As you say, I haven't run into them.

Why bother demonstrating the tediously obvious?

igital

ing

Not gibberish, merely hard for you to understand. I was merely saying that having less 3rd harmonic content is always a good thing, and that since the modified sine wave has none, it's got to be better than any waveform which does have third harmonic content.

After it had been through the filters. With a modified sine wave, there wouldn't be that much before it went through the filters.

makes

I'm certainly no poet. My wife has been very rude about verse that I've produced. It's no worse than yours, but at least I know that I'm no poet.

As a circuit designer, I'm at least skilled enough to appreciate that the NE555 was never up to much, which is more than you can claim.

What's brave about plowing through a series of half-baked misapprehensions?

Because I've previously complained that responding to your output in mainly a tedious process of pointing what you haven't understood?

And why did you wait four days before posting this particular pile of rubbish? If you had to wait to get somebody to check it, get somebody else next time. Whoever let you post the the phrase "non-testable jibber-jabber" is no friend of yours.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--- Nothing of consequence.

**** Haiku for Billy ****

Quite verbose was he, but at the end of the day like the setting sun.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

Not that John Fields is in any position to assess, let alone assign, consequence.

The setting sun is verbose? You really do have a tin ear.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
Whoosh!
Reply to

You got that right!

Reply to
John S

Really? John Fields has an exaggerated idea of his own sophistication.

Haiku may work in Japanese, where counting mora works. It's a daft verse form for English, where the classical verse forms all depends on stress alternation.

A non-poet like John presumably needs a verse form where counting syllables - or what ever he did to satisfy himself that he'd constructed a haiku - doesn't rigorously constrain the words he puts together.

That he dignifies his dimwitted expression of opinion by calling it a haiku just makes him a pretentious ass.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
Perhaps, but It wasn't I who couldn't glean meaning from the poem.
Reply to

Very whoosh for Bill. Tube man Bill no catchee.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

There's not a lot to glean, and I'm not all that enthusiastic about the gleanings.

Since you haven't got the language skills to handle metre, you had to settle for syllable counting - and mora aren't syllables, and syllables aren't a natural units of English, as they are in - say - French, so what you've produced is a clumsy parody of the haiku form.

Twaddle. It's merely half-baked disapprobation dressed up in a parody of a Japanese poem form. The only profundity involved is the depths of fatuity you've plumbed in producing it, and it's minimalist because that's all your attention span is good for.

It doesn't take much poetic acumen to be aware that you have made an ass of yourself again.

Th first line is nonsense. Since a haiku doesn't depend on rhyme, you hadn't rhymed. And I'm not demuring, but jeering.

The remaining two lines don't mean anything more that that your rhyming dictionary couldn't give you anything that made sense. You probably didn't care, because you share the usual illiterate delusion that poetry doesn't have to mean anything if it sounds right.

An ass-hide is covered with hair, not fur, and I'm not choking on any kind of burr, but producing full-throated jeers.

I'm reminded of Paul Dirac's criticism - "It isn't even wrong!".

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

:

I was supposed to go the the trouble of extracting meaning from John Fields' pseudo-haiku? That's taking his pathetic effort infinitely more seriously than it deserves.

I was really being over-charitable when I did it the honour of being rude about it.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
Whoosh!
Reply to

I prefer songs like the original Genesis made, with Peter Gabriel's tomes, such as:

"A time when honor meant more to a man than life..." -Genesis, from 'Time Table'

Far better than all this 'rap' crap finding 'popularity' these days.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

--
******* THE ANGRY CRITIC *******

Says Billy Boy: "Harrumph, Ahem!
There's no way that can be a gem."

"So parse it I won't even try,
I'll just ignore it, let it lie."

"Or better yet, I'll make it seem
that it's held in such low esteem,

That reading it's a waste of time
and won't give up reason or rhyme."

An so he boldly blunders on
expecting everyone to fawn

over his grace and use of wit,
when most know that he's full of shit.
Reply to
John Fields

more

--
Oh, my, and you're so busy with your - what is it, three year old? -
oscillator project you really have very little to spare?

e:

In English you'd have to write "So *to* parse it, I ... "

Reply to
Bill Sloman

:

ote:

in

wrote:

See the section on "Advanced designs"

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
Poetic license allows variation in form in order to either hide or
make meaning clear but, in your case, perhaps the more simplistic: "To