Hi Everyone - I'm Back!

Neither are good cooks. But I envy Clinton ;-)

How can you tell?

Marvelously!

If you're in to testing your gag reflex ;-)

He's been around longer than you realize... plonked for at least a year ;-)

Indeed!

Also plonked ;-)

...Jim Thompson

And were, as usual, promptly chased away.

MegaHertz for sure.

He's still hijacking posts from other ng's, but not so much lately from s.e.d. He's averaging a post a week, mostly his own, so is still some distance from critical mass

John

Hi chaps,

My name's Paul Burridge. You may remember me from such great threads as "What's this inductor doin' here" and "What's this capacitor doin' here" and er, that one about the RF signal strength meter.

First of all may I apologise for depriving the group of my wit and wisdom over the previous 18 months. I've been undergoing an intensive advanced electronics course (graduated with honours) and forming the Electronics Experts' Guild - of which I am Life President.

I've returned to discuss highbrow electronics issues with my fellow expert enthusiasts.

So what's been going on since I've been away? I trust the group's been as harmonious and agreeable as ever? Perhaps some kind soul can bring me up to date.

Your pal,

Paul.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

Welcome back Paul

Winfield Hill and Jim Thompson are battling it out, to find the if Clinton or Bush (US presidents) are good cooks

Two ladies made an appearance here

John Woodgate is still pun ishing us

Genome/DNA lurnt how to cook

A guy called Phil found SED,and has a lot of rude words that he likes to use

Boki is the most cryptic poster here

Guy Macon came, and went

Nobody answers homework questions from people with gmail accounts

and you missed a few good threads

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

use.

You beat me to this one, but thought it should be seen again.

Mike

Reply to
amdxjunk

I recall the name, if not any specific threads. Welcome back, Paul.

Looking at recent threads, it appears only the new posters come here looking for actual electronics-related info. It's become a social club/fishing story site for the rest of us: "When I was learning electronics, 1N4001's were a dollar fifty each, and that was in production quantities, not Radio Shack prices..." "Oh Yeah? Well, back when I designed the 1N4000 series..."

It's not just rude words, it's his rude use of them. The worst part is he found rec.audio.pro.

This could be an ad for groups.google.com: "Hi, I'm looking for a Few Good Threads."

Reply to
Ben Bradley

Now lemme guess... Fred Bloggs?

That'll be Allison, then if my memory serves me well.

Looks like nothing much new, then. I'll have to redouble my efforts and come up with a suitably stimulating electronic challenge for the engineer folks here. Might stop 'em hurling abuse at each other for 10 minutes at least... ;-)

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to
Paul Burridge

We archived all the new2020 posts for you. Just tell us where we should send them.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian

--
Or limited intelligence?^)
Reply to

Thanks for your concern. Well, I had a nasty accident with an EHT transformer. But I blame Jim Thompson. He didn't warn me about high voltages. :-)

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to
Paul Burridge

Welcome back, I recall all those nightmares, and had wondered what had happened.

Ahem!

Barry

Reply to
Barry Lennox