Editor

[snip]

will

must

Would I want Robert to be my uncle ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

will

You can convert csv values easily to a sound file using sound editing programs such as Cool Edit Pro. Just write a program in your favorite language to spit out such a file and Robert's your uncle.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

will

I just use wordpad and Sigview32. See

Also

Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: don@tinaja.com

Don Lancaster

editor.

amp into

around

features I will

It must

Reply to
SCADA

editor.

amp into

around

features I will

It must

You could create a file in Excel, save it as a .csv. Open it in "Dplot"

then save it as a .wav

PS-My apologies for the previous top post!

Reply to
SCADA

Further to the TMS project I'm looking for a cheap or free waveform editor. I want to use a PC soundcard to play a suitable .wav file through an amp into the coil.

The .wav is a series of pseudorandom pulses of millisecond duration at around

150Hz. I need an editor to create the file.

Any ideas?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Something like Matlab would be the choice here.

Pearce Consulting

Don Pearce

into

around

will

must

Goldwave will probably do it but I have not tried. I got a copy of that for free with a sound chip development kit.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Since I don't own it and don't want to pay for the vast array of features I will never use, does anyone have any other ideas? What I want seems simple - a Windows GUI where I can draw a waveform and have the soundcard play it. It must exist somewhere.

Any PC based audio signal generator s/w on the market that is free (or cheap)?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

into

around

will

must

Cool Edit Pro - $299 Still looking...

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Dirk

Take a look at Goldwave : Fully functional shareware with a bunch of options. which might or might not handle your need for a pulse sequence.

If I were doing this, I'd use Excel to generate the time points and then fidget the saved (text format) file into a .wav file after I'd understood the .wav format. But I use Excel for lots of computations where others would use a math package.

Regards PN2222A min. hfe 100 (at Vce=10V Ic=150mA)

Reply to
PN2222A

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:30:50 +0000, Dirk Bruere at Neopax wroth:

My favorite way to create .wav files is to use LTSpice. You use the program to create a circuit that makes the waveform you want and then save the voltage as a .wav file. You could use piece-wise signal sources to generate any arbitrary waveform. Or if you have the math skills, you can use a signal source that interprets a formula. If the generated waveform is random, you can run it through all sorts of filters to bandlimit it.

You could even simulate a Moog synthesizer with it. I've used it to generate ultrasound doppler bloodflow signals.

LTSpice is so nice that if it could cook, I'd marry it!

Jim

Reply to
James Meyer