Hands Free DIY Project

I would like to create an adapter which will allow the various "universal" hands-free cell-phone headsets on the market to also be used with 2-way radios.

Specifically, I recently purchased a Giro Fuse snowboarding helmet with integrated TuneUps II audio system. The audio system uses a SkullCandy Link universal hands-free system to interface with most common cell-phones. There are 2 different connectors on the cable, as well as a microphone and a "function button". I would like to create an adapter which will allow me to interface with my Motorola Talkabout serious

2-way radio (walkie-talkie).

I have a feeling it's as simple as re-wiring the plug.

If anyone has insight or schematics for standard cell-phone and/or

2-way accessory port wiring diagrams and would like to help me figure this out then I would be greatly appreciative. I live in Seattle but we could do this over email too. If you can build me a prototype I'd pay for your time and expenses.

Thanks!

Josh Brown

Reply to
Josh

Hi, I'd like to develop an adapter which will allow the various universal hands-free cell-phone headsets on the market to also be used with 2-way radios (walkie talkies)

Specifically, I recently purchased the Giro Fuse snowboarding helmet with integrated Tuneups II audio system. The audio system uses a Skullcandy Link cable which interfaces with various cell-phones. The cable contains 2 different plugs for different phones and also a mic and function button. I would like to create an adapter for it which will allow it to interface with my Motorola Talkabout series 2-way radio.

I'm thinking it will be as simple as changing the plug wiring around a little bit.

If anyone has any insight or wiring diagrams for cell-phone or 2-way radio accessory ports then let me know. If you can help me produce a prototype I'll pay your time and expenses. Thanks!

Josh Brown josh @ undertone . com

206.229.7377
Reply to
Josh