Drill Now for oil

Statist tripe. I have no representative in government.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Your first fulltime employee has to be a bookkeeper. So you need, very roughly, 10 employees to justify the overhead. You can get by on less if you farm out the bookeeping, accounting, payroll, payables/receivables, all that, but it's still a nuisance.

How about an incubator that furnishes everything for a flat fee, space and all, so tekkies can do what they're good at?

John

[snip]

I note a lot of advertising for office space where they provide a central receptionist and secretarial staff. Maybe they also provide bookkeeping services ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

|        America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave         |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

ould

other

u will

=BDThe

Yawn....

Reply to
mpm

It's an impressive feat that the same money, spent over and over again, accumulates wealth. I'm not sure anyone truly understands the process, however....?

I'm less concerned about government spending (at least in the above regard) as I am about HOW is chooses to spend it. Especially at the Federal level. I feel they spend on a lot of programs that would be better off left to the States. Just my opinion. -mpm

Reply to
mpm

I know of some companies that "pimp" for consultants, namely provide a front contract, and do all the billing and payroll stuff and pay them as an employee. A common case is someone who quits a National Lab and is inelligable for hiring as a consultant for a couple of years; the pimp gets the prime contract.

The incubator could also have a test equipment pool and an SMT assembly line!

John

Specifically the defecit chart,

This differs from Martin Griffin's cite by being lower by considering the annual surplus by Social Security. Martin Griffin's cite shows bigger deficits and lack of surpluses by excluding Social Security.

The SS-including annual deficit will soon change to being greater than the SS-excluding annual defecit once enough Baby Boomers retire to eat into the SS surplus.

Don Klipstein

Woods

another."

Not even on a good day. Neocons are new age types that think they know something about economics.

Reply to
JosephKK

I linked the spending chart 'cause it clearly shows the hockey-stick: the skyward inflection point in spending circa 2002.

The deficit interesting too of course, as a measure of how well the government's books balance, but that's a 2nd order effect.

First order is: a) how much are we spending and b) why?

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

drag

Woods

another."

Economists think they know something about economics, too. There's not a lot of evidence that they do.

John

SOX has to do with accounting, stock valuation, and "forward-looking statements" that affect financial markets; it's there to protect investors. It doesn't make it a crime to state an opinion about a scientific matter, or to lie about your weight, or to say "I did not have sex with that woman..."

John

[snip]

The Democrats would allow arbitrary infringement of our rights.

Now the leftist weenies will jump right on me for that statement alluding to, but unable to substantiate, any true loss of rights under Bush.

They even want to give POW's the same rights as citizens.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | | | | Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation | | | | Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked! |

They wouldn't have started jumping up and down about it if we hadn't detained so darned many of them without due process for years now.

Claiming that the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to them based on their not being "uniformed soldiers of a recognized government" is also rather despicable, IMO, in that even if the letter of the convention doesn't mesh with the current circumstances, certainly the original intent does. Even McCain agrees that the Geneva Convention should apply, although I realize that, yeah, he is a bit of a RINO and thus not someone you fully support... yet I suspect you'll still be voting for the man in November. :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Bingo. That's a more informed comment than the earlier one from you.

What a nice strawman that is. I happen to agree with you. So set 'em up and we'll knock 'em down. But it doesn't change the rest.

Debating science, among those also struggling for a comprehensive view and in any case generally well-informed similarly on the same subject, isn't career ending.

Note the difference between our two comments?

Doing an end-run around the vetting processes of science might get your ears boxed a bit, though.

I liked this editorial:

Sums up things in short order.

I can't comment here as it appears to be more a business comment without a clear thread of thought explained. I might agree with your evaluation, if I understood the details of your thinking about it. But I'm frankly mostly ignorant of SOX and its application for IPOs.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

This seems to be a more informed comment from you, than the earlier one from you, from Richard Henry's. Richard Henry had said to me:

No need for a new law in the US. We already have the Sarbanes-Oxley.Act, which penalizes CEOs personally for corporate lies.

where you responded with:

Arresting people for telling lies presupposes that the AGW theories and models are absolutely, unquestionably true, so true that it is criminal to question them. This is the way "science" works nowadays?

I find your new reply much, much better. Huge change. Thanks.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Shoot 'em on the field I say, shoot 'em on the field ;-)

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Detaining them back in Iraq and having field martials there would have solved a lot of the problem to. Bringing so many of them back to Gitmo seems, in retrospect, to have been a strategic error.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"Joel Koltner" wrote in news:ugR8k.204915$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-03.dc.easynews.com:

Uh,POWs don't GET "due process".Why should "enemy combatants"? It's NOT the same as civil criminal cases.

No,it's not. Those combatants dont give OUR troops Geneva protections. It's to DISCOURAGE such types of actions as terrorism.

Geneva's -intent- was to protect UNIFORMED soldiers,not terrorists. you should read Andrew C.McCarthy on this subject.(Townhall.com,National Review)He's a former Federal prosecutor,knowledgeable on the topic.

Hell,yeah! It's certain Obama is a leftist/Communist,inexperienced,and untrustworthy,too. He has a lot of shady Commie/terrorist friends. He would be destructive to US National security,he's anti Ballistic Missile Defense,and has said he'd stop and cut back many military arms programs,seriously weakening the US military.

And he doesn't support the Second Amendment,despite the lies on his website.His voting record shows that.

People who vote for Obama are DUPES,useful idiots as the USSR called them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's certainly ridiculous to expect combat troops in the heat of battle to collect evidence (and be available for court testimony) to support their capture and detention of unlawful enemy combatants caught outside of the US.

these people have NO idea of what they blindly advocate.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Joel Koltner" wrote in news:cAR8k.196294$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-04.dc.easynews.com:

It's called INTERNMENT.

Heck,they have it better there than they did back in their own country.

(BTW,many of the unlawful enemy combatants are not even from Iraq....they are FOREIGN nationals)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik