Drill Now for oil

Well said! I particular like what you said about humans should be the stewards, as that reminds me of another somewhat related topic that I'm concerned about. Humanities advanced intelligence over other species puts us in a somewhat more responsible situation. We're like adolescent teens discovering our power (mental), but we need to learn to control it in a positive way. For example, typically, people in African (of all races) are treating Chimpanzees, our nearest relatives, with devastating consequences to the point where there aren't that many Chimpanzees in the world. They are being slaughtered in mass quantities in the forest where the butcherer even chops off the arms of the adult female while the baby Chimp is desperately hugging his or her mother for dear life. The adult body parts are sold on the market.

I'm glad to see, at least in America I see it, a Green revolution where people are thinking beyond his or her wallet for the betterment of the planet and the countless species that inhabits our planet. I know we can do it.

Regards, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Plants are probably the only practical way to extract 400 PPM CO2 from the air. There's probably a lot of potential in eventually developing super-efficient plants that use the increasingly abundant CO2 and produce any chemical you happen to need. How about corn, but the kernels are plastic nubs, various colors, ready to go into an injection molding machine?

John

Because if we don't, we won't own the ground later.

--
Keith
Reply to

The government already lets the oil companies drill in more places than they can handle. There is no shortage of leases or permits. This is just election year BS.

Reply to
MooseFET

Gosh, just recently i was reading that the oil companies cannot drill all the leases that they have due to lack of equipment. Kind of pointless to lease more just now.

Reply to
JosephKK

...just more bullshit from the DemocRATS talking points.

--
Keith
Reply to

Vote Democrat... it's good for the consulting biz.

Nevermind I'm replacing laid-off engineers... it's not MY problem ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | | | | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave | | | | Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked! |

Never mind that The Left's *Tax and spend* is preferable to The New Right's *Borrow and spend*.

It's been mentioned here before that Progressives spend their terms cleaning up the economic messes that NeoCons leave behind

--only to have the NEXT Republican screw it up again.

The Righties should just call their party what it is: The Subsidize the Trans-Nationals and Send Jobs Overseas Party.

For every one of the engineering jobs that the corps outsource, there are lots of *other* jobs that go offshore. ...and don't try to say that this hasn't INCREASED on Dubya's watch (with no new jobs to replace them).

Let me know when you see job growth under a Republican even keep pace with population growth.

Reply to
JeffM

Agreed.

Yup. Why can't 'murcan manufacturers make this change? Unions? Regulations? What??

In some big cities and some other places, not everywhere.

Were they? I remember car average power was about 100 BHP in the

1960's. It seems to be about 200 BHP now. But i know my memory to be somewhat faulty. Could someone check it out?
Reply to
JosephKK

While neither is a good thing, tax and spend drives the economy to zero, reducing the ability to pay equally. When the economy turns down, the weenies simply spend more. That doesn't make the Republicans.

Hogwash. What about the economic and other messes the progressives hero FDR made? They're the granddaddy of all messes!

Funny. I didn't know Bill Clinton was a Republican.

There seem to be a lot of jobs around. In fact there aren't enough skilled workers to fill them.

For the last 6 years there has been a lot of job growth.

--
Keith
Reply to

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

and for lawyers.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

krw wrote:

Amen.

At least it's an honest approach. Piling your debt onto your grandchildren is fundamentally dishonest. It's a Ponzi scheme.

It doesn't seem to slow down the Borrow-and-spenders.

Yeah. That getting-the-nation-through-the-Coolidge/Hoover-Great-Depression thing was a real bad legacy. 8-|

...though I'l concede that Social Security was a Ponzi scheme.

...and George H.W. Bush said, "No new taxes". Politics breeds policy aberations.

"The Bush *job growth* record" is an oxymoron. To repeat: The rate of job creation hasn't even kept up with population growth.

Reply to
JeffM

No, it's really not.

How does piling on more entitlements help "my grandchildren"?

It does slow down the tax-n-spenders. At least there is an economy left to *hope* to be able to pay the bills.

Complete nonsense.

Silly statement. Even sillier to knuckle under to the DemonRATS and go back on a silly statement.

Only to a flaming weenie.

Nonsense.

--
Keith
Reply to

Doesn't it bother you any that the country, already over-run by Mexicans, will be dominated by Mexican _voters_ once the DemocRATs get in power?

...Jim Thompson

|       Vote Democrat... it\'s good for the consulting biz        |
|         Nevermind I\'m replacing laid-off engineers...          |
|                     It\'s not MY problem                        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

A bit like this then?

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

NOT the same thing, and you know it.

Wait until the Islamist take over all of Europe... they pretty much have already done in France.

...Jim Thompson

|       Vote Democrat... it\'s good for the consulting biz        |
|         Nevermind I\'m replacing laid-off engineers...          |
|                     It\'s not MY problem                        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

Jim Thomps>Doesn't it bother you any that the country,

Your racist prejudice is showing. The brown-skinned people that I see work their butts off and represent what's best about the USA. Most don't affect the job numbers (1:1 warm-body/job ratio) because most came here to WORK. Many of them skew the job numbers IN THE POSITIVE DIRECTION by having MULTIPLE jobs because working 40 hours a week won't get them a living wage.

That would be people who have jumped thru multiple hoops, WORKED for their US citizenship, and gotten off their butts to go to the polls.

Doesn't bother me a bit. If YOU feel threatened, you should muster your clique of similarly-prejudiced tight-asses and make sure THEY get to the polls in maximum numbers.

A whole bunch of the brown-skinned people you despise got here on Dubya's watch. Do I really have to tell you about the border states that are trying to sue Washington to get back the *state* money they have had to spend to enforce the **Federal** immigration statutes?

Reply to
JeffM

Luckily, the two words: "Immigration" and "Invasion" share many of the same letters. Sort of like: "Al Queda" and "Iraq"

Shouldn't be too difficult to re-write the history books.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

No this time it is election year BS from the Republicans. They are acting as though leasing more land to the oil companies will lower gas prices when the oil companies have said that they can't drill it.

Reply to
MooseFET

Did you hear all the howling about the provision that takes the undrilled leases back?

It seems that some of the smarter folks in Washington came up with the idea that undrilled leases and unrecovered oil should time out after a while. This prevents the oil companies from just holding the oil on the books to drive up the stock price.

From the noises from the oil companies and their operatives, you'd think this was the end of the world.

Reply to
MooseFET