How to load cordless drill battery?

How to load cordless drill battery if it have only two outputs (plus and minus), but charger have three ( plus, minus and loading level check)? Can i somehow trick charger to load this battery. Now when i connect only two connections (plus and minus), my baterry down't loads. Charger have two leds (one green and one red), only green lights, but red down't.

Reply to
Fokusas

Fokusas scrobe on the papyrus:

The third connection on the battery will be a temperature sensor to detect when the battery is charged. Maybe its Foked.

--
John B
Reply to

Sounds like the battery is not matched to the charger and you cannot use that charger to charge it. Did the battery come with the drill, or is it some off-brand replacement? Solution for someone with time on their hands and knowledge of electronics would be to rebuild the charger to use dV/dt to detect end-of-charge, but I wouldn't recommend that if you don't already understand about battery charging. I would recommend getting the right battery for the charger, or the right charger for the battery. If someone sold you the battery as being compatible, you should complain.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns