Does this exist...

You have to DL Mame.

Then, you need to DL the now 130 GB + ROM archive of every upright video game you ever saw, including the now working Laser Disc based coin-ops. You can get away with about a 35Gb archive that gets you about

7200 games and the sound files for certain games that had cassette player inside them.

The neat part is that it emulates nearly every cpu you ever saw, used, worked with, etc, etc, etc, and they are ALL in separate code modules for easy examination and learning from. Most popular upright coin-op cpu as I recall was the Z80.

That is the Windows versions front end. You can compile your own under Linux or any other platform if you know your way around makefiles.

You need ROMs too, and those are on binary newsgroups like:

alt.binaries.emulators.mame

and you can find torrents of entire archives to get started with, which is good if it is well seeded. A good example:

Archimedes' Lever

Thanks.

Yes, I know about Mame but I'm not much of a gamer.

Good idea for someone who is, though.

Reply to
flipper

Bullshit. It is common with big name applications.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You're an idiot. I am not your guest, however, I do not need your permission to post whatever I want about whatever I want.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I didn't say it. See the ending " mark?

Of course, you knew that when you hacked up up the message.

Reply to
flipper

Then don't be my guest.

Reply to