Buying 50 million votes

Obama has called on congress to give $250 to SS recipients, 13 billion of our dollars split between 50 million SS recipients.

Obama said, "Even as we seek to bring about recovery, we must act on behalf of those hardest hit by this recession," How do you say "can I buy 50 million votes"

Inflation is non existent, that's why no SS COLA.

Many items are lower in price, because merchants are scurrying for sales.

The government is forcibly taking my money and giving

it to others, even though my income is down 30% in this bad economy.

It seems the SS recipients are not hit hardest, I'd suggest business owners are hardest hit.

Politicians should be ashamed.

I'm getting more pissed everyday

Mike

Reply to
amdx

I'll not send it back ;-)

Time for all you disenchanted young bucks to rise up and kill.

Start with Slowman, please !-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established, should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accord- ingly, all experience [has] shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce [the people] under absolute des- potism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Yes Jim, But I know how ashamed you will feel while sipping your fine wine. :-)

Mike

Reply to
amdx

Indeed! I'm so overwhelmed with sorrow this morning over the plight of leftist weenies that I've had to open another bottle ;-) ...Jim Thompson

1) You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating
   the wealthy out of prosperity.

2) What one person receives without working for, another person
   must work for, without receiving.

3) The government cannot give to anybody anything that the govern-
   ment does not first take from somebody else.

4) When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to
   work because the other half is going to take care of them, and
   when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work
   because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that
   my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

5) You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

                                    - Adrian Rogers, 1931

Easy now, I don't want to buy you a new liver! Mike

Reply to
amdx

rs

d everyday

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Mike

You heard of "Cash for Clunkers".... Well, this is "Cash for Creakers"!

As in bones so old they creak. :)

Reply to
mpm

Now if only he was offering a handsome reward to turn eligible oldsters over to the death panels for proper recycling...

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hmmm, let me understand this line of reasoning.

Give a tax cut to those that have an income. Fine.

Those with a higher income, get to send less of those dollars to the tax collector.

How many recipients got to keep dollars out of the tax collectors hands ??

Is's not a matter of costs, but a matter of politics.

Sorry, the numbers tell the real "buying votes".

don

Well, now its your turn.

Reply to
don

He just gave Pakistan 7.5B. I guess that makes you a little more pissed today.

Martin Riddle

I think you said, those with higher income earned their money and the government in all its generosity let them keep it. The government didn't take it by force to give to others.

Reply to
amdx

I'm not sure there could be some self defense strategy in that. Oh wait, did you say Obama sent it, never mind. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Hmmm, so the "rich" did not get paid off for their votes ??

or are you changing the subject ?

don

Reply to
don

Let's define rich as income over $250,000 (you can make it $1,000,000 if you want) I would be surprised if there are *300,000 people with that income. So let's say the votes were bought, 300,000 vs 50,000,000. Bought is a funny word, 50,000,000 were paid for their vote,

300,000 were allowed to keep what they earned.

*PS I don't think the number is that high. Mike

Reply to
amdx

So you don't see the difference between "giving" someone their own money, and "giving" them someone else's money?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Since all money belongs to The State, it can give money to whoevere it wants.

--
Andrew
Reply to

Soylent Green?

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

*you are sooo wrong.

In 1999(projected): over 5.9 Million families had income over $244,000 over 11.9 Million families had income over $188,000

of those 50 Million voters, how many actually voted

The $.013 Trillion is no match for Bushs tax cuts,( those taxes passed by republicans between 2001 and 2006) the budget deficit ran up to $2.48 Trillion.

the government will run no matter what. ( this will never change ) so knowing that the government will run, how does a lawmaker justify cutting its only source of revenue ?

Bush and the like only cut the taxes for those listed above to get votes.

Its just politics.

don

Reply to
don

Indeed.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

There was a time when the US of A was seen as a 'can do' nation. Nowadays it is seen as a 'can whinge' nation.

Pity

Cheers

Ian

Reply to