Looking for Audio DSP

Looking for audio DSP board for my boss.

Desired features:

A. Programmable high, low, and bandpass filters. B. Can chain two or more filters in a row. C. Mono is fine. D. line level in and out. E. Programmable from a laptop and keeps filter program and settings stored in EEPROM F. 16 bit or better audio. G. Mic input would be grand.

That geezer from Saelig need not apply.

Steve

Reply to
osr

Steve, Cost? I know you can get commercial audio DSPs like the Shure unit for approx. $1000.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

board level, 200-300$ in 100-1000 piece lots

Something like

without the 699$ cost.

Steve

Reply to
osr

You don't need a full featured DSP. What you need is DAP.

Every major vendor such as AD, TI, NXP, Cirrus, AKM, ST, etc. offers DAPs and evaluation boards for them. The cost is going to be few hundred dollars. Check this, for example:

Vladimir Vassilevsky

I'm dating myself. Yes, I need a DAP!

Thank you Dr. Vassilevsky.....

Steve

Reply to
osr

Do you really need fancy software or just a board that will do some filtering which can be tuned a bit? I recently designed a very simple signal processing board for a customer to do some dedicated filtering and tone detection which can be produced for quite competitive prices; the digital version is cheaper than the analogue version and needs no post-production adjustments.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel