Does this type of "hook/latch" exist?

I want to push a piece of bar stock into it and have it latch in place.

Light load... maybe 2-3 pounds. ...Jim Thompson

Can you think about turning it 90 degrees and using more like a hanger? If so it's a "rail hanger":

e.g.

UW/ref=3Dpd_cp_hi_0

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Thanks, Tim! Looks near perfect. Any idea of the dimensions? ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

M...

It's for hanging trolley rail (e.g. for barn doors) and the rail is likely way bigger (1.75" x 2.25") than what you need.

But better to overbuild than underbuild. e.g. Tiny Stonehenge in Spinal Tap:

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

A rare-earth magnet might be useful?

Reply to
David Eather

Magnetic is also in consideration. ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

It looks sort of like a fence gate latch. But it'll probably be easier to make one out of an L bracket, than to find one.

Reply to
ehsjr

You're reading my mind. As I chew on this (obviously) honey-do project I came up with:

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Try these guys:

I suppose the part you want is plastic and the bar stock is metal?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Yes, it exist but I wont bother to do your leg work for you since i am most likely wasting my breathe.

Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie

exists, won't, I, breath.

English not your first language?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Further reduction in complexity...

... solves SWMBO's need for neatness in her pantry ;-) ...Jim Thompson