Bird Strike Detector for Jets??

You're such a slob that there's $5.00 in loose change lying around on the floor when you get around to vacuuming?

WHat do you get out of the couch cushions? $100.00?

I guess I wish I was that rich. ;-)

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I don't vacuum.. :P

Hotel cleaning staff on low wages might like electronics that sense if pennies, nickels or dimes are being suck up.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Don't those already exist?

...Jim Thompson

snipped-for-privacy@zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote in news:gnhnnv$l9q$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

Why? that's just one MORE fan to break when struck and toss it's parts into the engine.(along with the other impellers..) ALso,extra obstructions means less airflow,more turbulence,and less efficiency.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Obviously,because sucking up a coin makes a lot of noise going thru the vacuum. The usual debris in a couch doesn't.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

> Hotel cleaning staff on low wages might like electronics that sense if
> pennies, nickels or dimes are being suck up.
>

> D from BC
> myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com
> BC, Canada
> Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Sesame Street will never be the same!

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the
means he uses to frighten you. -- Eric Hoffer
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Only if the pilot has a specific procedure to follow for a bird strike. Otherwise its too much information.

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.
                      -- Tom Waits
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[snip]

Nah. If it was a Skybuck incident, someone would have thrown his PC into an engine.

;-)

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ politics; n, from the Greek 'poly' meaning many and 'ticks', small annoying blood suckers.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Interestingly, purportedly some agencies really did use frozen birds, figuring that, "well, if it can successfully ingest a frozen bird, there's surely plenty of margin with a fresh one?" --

Joel Koltner

Make sure you thaw them first. ;-)

Optimist:  "The glass is half-full."
Pessimist: "The glass is half-empty."
Engineer:  "The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Ever seen a real compressor blade? The engine already has hundreds of knives in the front. ;-)

He was saved by a loose helmet, which came off his head and essentially stopped the engine when it broke the compresser.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

look for a step decrease in the tacho readings from the engine, it takes energy to shred a pidgeon and that energy is extracted all in a few milliseconds, it's going to slow the rotor. you'll need a reasonably high precision tacho as the slowdown will be

Reply to
Jasen Betts

replace the antenna with a metal ballpoint refill.

cellphones can already be used for some payments.

make it run off compressed air :)

Reply to
Jasen Betts

They should fire live lawyers instead of live chickens.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

WWII. I think the crew

windscreen, smacked the pilot

his left shoulder.

Can't find any.

Reply to
krw

WWII. I think the crew

windscreen, smacked the pilot

in his left shoulder.

They have to grab them as soon as they pass the bar and before they try their first case, and become Zombies.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

[snip]

Q: What do you call the members of a law firm's skydiving club?

A: Skeet.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Entropy: When your shoelace comes untied, you can't fix it by walking backwards.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Catfood.

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

Michael A. Terrell

Only just noticed this thread.

The pilots tend to notice either the vibration or loss of power or the bang noise.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

It's an oldie thread now.