Bird feathers..

..Eagle feathers, to be more specific. Why is the smallest via so HUGE (33.685 dia, 19.685 hole)? And no way to fix? And..how can one create a BOM?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'm beginning to wonder how you get anything done with a computer :) you have more problems with eagle than everyone else put together

click the via symbol, in the toolbar is then the shape,layer,size,drill type the drill you want in the pulldown

or type something like: 'change drill 20mil' in the command line

in schematic; file,run, bom.ulp

or 'run bom.ulp' commandline

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

  • The SMALLEST "diameter" is "10" and one gets roughly 36 mils (huge), not 10 mils so that is a lie from the feather; the smallest drill is a crazy 19.685; in fact all of the sizes are crazy.
  • Do not have a schematic; it would take a week to make it, and i did the layout with sets of group and copy in under an hour, including all of the wires,etc.
  • will try that in my board layout. BTW, i notices that these ULPs create a script that is then run. Figured out a number of the script commands (absolutely no help of what there is, how to use those that work, etc). I find it easy to do re-numbering of parts, changing values, etc with scripts generated by a little program i write in a language that gives me no sass and is understandable by mere mortals. None of the ULPs that are supposed to re-number work do anything or screw up what was on the board - that is why i quit using ULPs (except the useful one, copy-silk-screen.ulp).
Reply to
Robert Baer

I said TYPE not choose, you can put in any number you like

and remember that in design rules theres a setting for restring, default

8mil I think

so the 36mil makes sense 8+20+8mil

-Lasse

Reply to