Low power, fanless PC for home entertainment system

Hello

We have computers in our home plus a large screen TV. It would be great to be able to have a little keyboard and browse the internet on our large TV screen. How can this be achieved?

If there was a low power, fanless PC I suppose I could simply connect to the TV screen and connect to the network? But I am hoping there are standard offerings. Eg some low power linux based system? But not really bothered about operating system.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Angus

Reply to
Angus

This is NOT a computer hardware group. This group is about transistors, transformers, capacitors--that sort of thing.

There are apt groups for computer hardware:

JeffM

They are generally called Media PCs or Media Centre PC's Media Pcs are made for the living room and so should all be quiet but check (reviews etc.) before you buy. All should be quiet - some have no fan and rely on other (more expensive) heat dissapation techniques Windows has a special Media PC version to make life easy.

Reply to
rhrrc