Low cost, low power RF for home automation?

Hi group!

I am looking for low cost, low power RF for home automation.. I have looked at Bluetooth and ZigBee. And they seems OK, however Bluetooth is quite power consuming and ZigBee is not available at the market in large scale. Do you have other technologies to be mentioned??

Regards Mikkel

Reply to
Mikkel Loennerup Christensen

You could also look at using the license free ISM bands. IIRC these are at 433MHz and 868MHz in the UK and (I think) 915MHz in the US. Depending on your volume you can get FCC/CE marked modules for a few dollars/pounds or if your volumes are high enough you can roll your own using one of a range of transmitter/receiver chips from the likes of Atmel or Chipcon.

We've achieved ranges exceeding 200m with this type of RF so you'd easily be able to cover a house!

Iain

Iain Tebbutt

- Hardware and Software Design

Reply to