Undefined part

Hello,

I am doing a simulation on Oracd 10.5 student edition. I have schematics i obtained from some previous labs and they work fine, even if I re-use these components in other circuits I made. But when I use new components I obtaine this message: Model Q2N3905 used by Q_Q4 is undefined

In this case I am using the 2N3905 transistor for the first time. But it does this for allohther omponents. How do I get by that ? I searched on google and did not find anything interesting. thank you

Ken

Reply to
lerameur

Take a good look in your simulation profile, esp. the simulation files section. It sounds like you don't have any of the model libraries included in your design. Compare to the designs that are working, and add the same model libraries to your new design, and be sure to add them as global. Then, they will be available to all your new designs.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Charlie Edmondson a =E9crit :

hi,

the only thing I see different if a Column call Netname, under the Pin menu, it is 0, and I cannot change its value, it do not allow me to delete anything. the only difference is here: Q_Q1 Q1(c=3DN00034 b=3DN01092 e=3DN00037 ) Q_Q3 Q3(c=3D0 b=3DN00034 e=3DN01343 ) Where Q_Q1 is working, and Q_Q3 is not. I cannot change the value of 'c' anyone knows how ?

Ken

Reply to
lerameur

Excuse me? I said the simulation profile, not the properties of the parts. Find someone who actually knows how to use the software, that can physically show you what to do. You seem to be looking at the property editor, and wondering why you can't change the netnames attached to your part...

grumble, grumble, another clueless newby, grumble, grumble... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Charlie Edmondson a =E9crit :

yes I am a newbie ,=20 got it to work, thank you

ken

Reply to
lerameur