False values in Quartus In-System Memory Editor

Hi.

I have a problem with the In-System Memory Editor in Quarts II 4.1. I can read the memory contents and get the correct values when I do not write the memory before. But when I write any values (including the old memory contents) to the memory and read thereafter, I get false values. This only happens when using ram, when using the memory editor on LPM_CONSTANT, I always read the correct values. I verified that no logic of my design is responsible for that, by creating a memory from the MegaWizard Plugin Manager and setting the memory as the top level module, thus no other logic is there besides the memory.

Can anybody help?

Sebastian Schmidt.

Reply to
Sebastian Schmidt

How do you read and write the memory?In simulation ? Or in real hardware (How did you debug that) ?

Rgds Andr=E9

Sebastian Schmidt schrieb:

Reply to
ALuPin

Hi.

I read the memory over the JTAG interface with the In-System Memory Content Editor.

Sebastian.

Am 05.09.2005, 17:30 Uhr, schrieb :

Sebastian Schmidt

So where does your write enable for the memory come from ? Directly from pin or is it an internal logic ?

Rgds Andr=E9

Reply to
ALuPin

The wren port is set to 0, so that no writes occur out of the logic.

Sebastian.

Am Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:45:28 +0200 schrieb :

Reply to
Sebastian Schmidt

But you said in your post before that you write to the memory?

Reply to
ALuPin

Yes, in Quartus I instanciate a 1-Port RAM from the megawizard plugin manager. There I select, that I want to be able to access the memory from the Quartus In-Systme Memory Content Editor. In the design you see the memory as a 1-Port memory, the second port is not seen in the Verilog source, it is inserted on compile time by Quartus. I have disabled the write enable port of the first port, the write enable port of the second port is handled by Quartus.

Am 06.09.2005, 14:20 Uhr, schrieb :

Sebastian Schmidt