Problem of module design

Hello, all

I am now doing a program to test my module design and I use ISE6.2 under windows XP.

I synthesize the top-level design and modules with XST(under windows mode). When synthesizing top-level file, I selected "Add I/O buffer", and deselecting it when synthesizing modules file. Then I use command mode to implement them.

It looks o.k. when I do " ngdbuild ?modular initial?." And "ngdbuild ?modular module ?active module ?." But when I use map command to this active module A, the following message appears.

---Writing file test_map.ngm?

---Waring : Line numbe 0: Found and unexpected XMODULE_CELLTYPE property on frag T_b1.

? ?

?-(The same warings to all top-level ports)

---Runing directed packing?

---Running delay-based LUT packing?

Running related packing?

---FATAL_ERROR : Ncd : nc_isetfactory_imp.c:738:1.22.4.1 ? Active module interfaces are missing. Process will terminate.

And there is the same problem when I doing the previous xapp290 example under the same situation.

Another question is I add some constrains attribute in VHDL code

(i.e. attribute iob : string;

attribute iob of LED_A_out : signal is "true";) but it dose nothing.

Could anyone give me some ideas about these problems? Thank you very much.

gray_i

Reply to
michel