Protel - Schematic symbol creation - designator/comment postions?

Hi All, when I create a new schematic symbol the designator and comment text fields sometimes end up in in odd positions far from the component "body".

Does anyone know how I set the locations of the text fields???? I'm using

99SE

thanks rob

Reply to
Rob

When you draw your new symbol, make sure that you are working around the 0,0 point in the schematic editor - if I recall correctly, the ref des and comment are always placed near 0,0, regardless of where the component itself is drawn.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

You want to create the symbol close to the origin (0,0) in the symbol editor.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Thanks for the replies guys. I always do create the part around the origin - usually with say pin 1 or the device center for some parts sitting on 0,0. Still I end up with some parts where the text wants to live out near the horizon!

rob

Reply to
Rob

origin -

This has happened to me lately, but on established components and I don't know why. Also the designator has elected to turn itself off, miles away from the component. Sorry, I have no answer, but you are not alone.

Graham Holloway

Reply to
Graham Holloway

Yep -I've also got/had the problem of the designators hiding themselves! rob

Reply to
Rob