PADS question: document name

And FIFO content is determined by SWMBO. I just scored one more on the list, the guides of a large drawer in the kitchen croaked. The rollers are, of course, not available individually. Meaning it'll be contortion and back pain time again. Harumph.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You'd be surprised what sort of cabinet hardware you can find on the web. I've replaced a bunch of stuff with pretty much original hardware for SWMBO bonus points. Doesn't help the back though.

Reply to
krw

Problem is the rollers are riveted to the guides. And the new guides are

2" shorter, it was all they had. I'll have to see if that is SWMBO acceptable. Somehow the cabinet hardware in the US is mostly of the flimsy kind. The stuff in the 100+ year old bedroom set and desks we brought over is all still ok, zero maintenance. Our 100lbs Rottweiler once stepped on the fully extended file cabinet of my office desk, to have an "aerial look". Didn't budge a bit.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Rollers are normally riveted to the guides. It's easier to replace the whole thing than parts (match doesn't have to be perfect). Even HomeDespot carries an assortment of guides with lengths in 2" increments. There are a bunch of online stores I deal with that have an even wider selection at about 1/2 the cost (if it matters).

Mostly, though good furniture has good guides (one way to tell the real quality of the piece). I did pay an extra $15 per drawer (22) for the soft-closing slides for the Amish dining room and bedroom sets I bought in Ohio last year. The two rooms of furniture were $15K, so the few hundred for the top-o-the-line slides wasn't that big of a deal. ;-)

Reply to
krw

But the selection always ends at 24" and it's a 26" :-(

Unless you go mail order maybe but I don't want yet another project.

Well, you can't really go wrong with Amish furniture. They still make the good stuff and most likely always will. Our stuff was made where those guys originally came from ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

When I've looked in various HomeDespots, they also have 18, 20, and

22". Have you looked on line?

Three days, and you'll have the part. I buy most stuff online anymore. It's cheaper and there is a lot better selection.

;-)

Interesting place. They're not grid connected (against their "religion"), but have their own diesel generators for lights and power tools.

Reply to
krw

build

gcc

Yeah, if SWMBO ain't happy with the 24" I got I'll order online. Better than hearing complaints about it every other week :-)

The Diesels are for fridges AFAIR. The laws made them do that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

build

70%+

gcc

stay

Mark's

20

No fridges in a furniture showroom/factory. Gas would be better/cheaper than a generator just for the fridges.

Reply to
krw