another PADS question

In PADS v4, suppose we edit a part in the library. In this case, we changed the pcb decal a little.

Now we open a board in PCB, and of course the part is the "old" version. How do we tell PCB to refresh the part decal from the library?

Thanks for any help.

John

: In PADS v4, suppose we edit a part in the library. In this case, we : changed the pcb decal a little.

: Now we open a board in PCB, and of course the part is the "old" : version. How do we tell PCB to refresh the part decal from the : library?

Insert a part containing the updated decal to your layout. Pads then asks whether you want to upgrade all the decals of the same type in the circuit or just the one you are inserting. After this you can delete the just-inserted part.

I'm not in office now and cannot double-check but I think that is how it goes. Currently using Pads 2005 spac 2, but it worked similarly in older versions, too.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Okkim Atnarivik

Right click on component - Edit Decal - Open the new decal in the decal editor (discard the information loaded from the design) Exit the decal editor. You will be prompted to change only the part you clicked on or all instances of that part (or parts with that decal I don't remember which)

Reply to
Gary Pace