Free Spice for Windows with transconductance?

I downloaded the free version of Tina-TI, but have found that it doesn't have the I(U) (transconductance) source available even though it is described in help. I'm modelling vacuum tube amps and need it. Does anyone know of a way to add the I(U) source to this version of Tina-TI? Or, is there another free Windows (Me) SPICE available that has it?

Note: if you reply by email, you must include 'Byrd' in the subject line to get through my spam filter.

Reply to
John Sankey

"John Sankey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:gl0f51$nml$ snipped-for-privacy@theodyn.ncf.ca...

Hello John,

I expect that you can use this sources in a subcircuit (.subckt ...) in Tina-Ti. Tina-TI requires at least one TI-opamp in the schematic, doesn't it?

I and many others use the free of charge LTspice. It has no limitation regarding circuit size , the type of components used in your circuit and whatwever you can think of.

The user group

A first resource for tubes(valves). You will find more if you search with Google.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Many thanks, Helmut. I hadn't got far enough in Tina-TI to hit that problem, just far enough to realise it had a problem with tube models. Downloaded LTspice and had my first model running within the hour. Seems to work perfectly.

Many thanks for your help. John

Reply to
John Sankey

In article , helmutsennewald@t- online.de says...>

Yes. Before I "graduated" from Tina-TI, I'd just stick a voltage follower in the corner somewhere, not doing anything.

I haven't had time to try LTSpice, but forget a real Tina license. Tina-TI is OK for what it is, but the "classic" version ($500) is

*JUNK*.

Reply to
krw