Newbie Easytrax Questions

I'm trying to get my first board made this week. Couple of questions:

1) Which files do I submit to the board shop? I'm just doing a bare bones 2-layer board (no solder mask or silk screen). My understanding is that I submit a gerber file for each layer, a match file for the aperatures, and a drill file. Is this correct?

2) On one of my boards I want to power a small neon lamp from 120V AC (1.5 mA). Roughly how big do the tracks/vias need to be for this?

thanks in advance for any help

-paul

Reply to
Paul Slocum

That's right. The software I use (Pulsonix) generates RS-274-X Gerber files which include the aperture data. Most modern packages do the same.

1.5 mA is a negligible amount of current, 8 mils or more should be fine. You need adequate separation of the tracks, which is more important.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Awesome, thanks for the info.

....and to restore my usenet helpfulness karma, since I've mostly been asking questions lately instead of answering:

I was having trouble with Easyplot running out of memory while loading a PCB, and Windows XP didn't seem to be able to emulate EMS memory properly. I found that Easyplot runs great under the Dosbox emulator with EMS, and I was able to load my big PCB with no problem.

-paul

Reply to
Paul Slocum