Ivex WinDraft and Cleanup Utility Install Files Needed

I've been using Ivex for a few years and have several board designs created with them. I had a hard drive crash and lost the installation files for WinDraft and for the new WinBoard cleanup utility (but I did have a backup of the WinBoard installation file).

Since Ivex is out of business, could some kind soul out there email me (or give me a link for) the WDshare installation file and cleanup utility installation file?

Thanks for your help!

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Jackson

Ron Jackson wrote: : I've been using Ivex for a few years and have several board designs : created with them. I had a hard drive crash and lost the installation : files for WinDraft and for the new WinBoard cleanup utility (but I did : have a backup of the WinBoard installation file).

: Since Ivex is out of business, could some kind soul out there email me : (or give me a link for) the WDshare installation file and cleanup : utility installation file?

Yet another reason to consider using open-source EDA software instead of becoming locked into a a proprietary solution.

Who controls your design if you use closed-source software? Evidently you don't.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Brorson

Yes, good point. I was getting that computer ready to install a backup USB drive when I had a hard disk failure and lost my Ivex install files. If it would have failed a week later it would have been no big deal.

When I started using Ivex, in about 1995, there weren't a large number of open source electronics cad programs to choose from, particularly for the Windows 3.1 system I was using at the time. I will certainly take a look at open source programs as I look for an Ivex replacement. But I really would like to be able to maintain the boards and schematics that I already have on Ivex.

Please, would some kind soul out there email me the WDshare.exe (WinDraft) installation file? I am licensed for version 3.1x and have my registration code, so I'm not asking for someone to crack a commercial program for me.

Ivex also provided for free, just before they went under, a program that was supposed to clean up their WinBoard database files when they became corrupted (which happened quite a lot when you used copper zones). If someone has the install file for that I would appreciate that too.

There must be many readers of this newsgroup that have downloaded the Ivex installation files, even if that isn't the CAD system you usually use, as the Ivex programs run in a shareware mode for designs up to 100 pins. Please help me out here. I'll email back to the group when I get the files, so you won't be repeating someone else's efforts to send them to me.

Thank you.

-- Ron

Stuart Brors>

--
New Website:  http://www.FascinatingElectronics.com
Fascinating Electronics Inc, 925 SW 83 Avenue, Portland, OR 97225-6307

I too am in need of the Winboard cleanup utility. I have Ver. 2.26 of WinBoard and Ver. 3.1 of WinDraft. Ivex tech support used that utility on one of my design's when it became corrupted before the utility was still in beta. But I never got a copy of it. If someone does let you have it PLEASE let me know.

Thanks.

RobD

R> Yes, good point. I was getting that computer ready to install a

backup

files.

number

for

that

my

commercial

that

became

usually

100

get

them

designs

installation

I did

email me

instead

Evidently

97225-6307
Reply to
robd

What is the Lifetime CD?

Thanks.

RobD

Robert Baer wrote:

of

utility

was

deal.

particularly

take

have

If

the

cleanup

Reply to
robd

Wold it be on the "Lifetime CD"?

Reply to
Robert Baer

did

me

I posted Windraft 3.12 and winboard 2.27 at

ftp:\\\\ snipped-for-privacy@ecotechnologies.biz username: publicarea password: MyVisitor

PS: I switched to Eagle last month and haven't crashed yet!

Reply to
Rich

I noticed google stripped the address a little.

Its ftpCOLENSLASHSLASHpublicareaATecotechnologiesDOTbiz

Reply to
Rich

Rich,

The files installed just fine. And this time I've backed them up to CD.

A thousand thanks! You are indeed a scholar and a gentleman, a kind and decent human being, a man of virtue, foresight, intellect and generosity!

Just before Ivex went under, they posted on their website a board file cleanup utility. Do you have that? Could you post that also?

Eagle is on my list of programs to evaluate. I'm glad to hear it isn't buggy. Looks like there is a lot of activity with Eagle. I'm also looking at Easy-pc from numberone.com

-- R>

--
New Website:  http://www.FascinatingElectronics.com
Fascinating Electronics Inc, 925 SW 83 Avenue, Portland, OR 97225-6307
Toll Free: 800.683.5487    Direct Dial: 503.296.8579
Reply to
Ron Jackson

Ivex offered a "Lifetime CD" to all registered users right before they closed the doors. It has all the "standard" programs, knowledge base, manuals and other stuff. I snooped on my CD and did not find anything about "cleanup".

Reply to
Robert Baer

CD.

and

file

isn't

designs

installation

email

97225-6307
Reply to
Rich

Paint me ignorant; how do i get there? Entering that exactly in the GoTo line of my browser, i get "Netscape is unable to locate the server (no name specified) ...". And clicking on the blueline, i get "Error! News server responded: No such article".

Reply to
Robert Baer

Try this:

Rich

Robert,

I didn't get the CD, I just downloaded the latest WDshare.exe, WBshare.exe files from the Ivex website, which I lost when my hard drive failed.

They probably didn't call the program "cleanup". It was a program to look for database corruption on WinBoard .brd files and correct them. Maybe the name had "fix" in it? WBfix would be logical, but I really don't remember what they called it.

WinBoard has a nasty tendency to foul up the .brd file, particularly when placing metal zones. Ivex put the program on their website shortly before they shut down. I lost that program too when my hard drive failed. I would have expected them to put that on their CD. If they didn't then I suppose it was just their oversight.

So, if anyone has the WinBoard database fixing program, I'd really appreciate a copy.

-- Ron

--
New Website:  http://www.FascinatingElectronics.com
Fascinating Electronics Inc, 925 SW 83 Avenue, Portland, OR 97225-6307
Toll Free: 800.683.5487    Direct Dial: 503.296.8579
Reply to
Ron Jackson

There were two programs with similar names. fixboard.exe just did something so that board files would load properly. I never used it. Boardmedic.exe was suppposed to repair certain database problems. It seemed to detect and fix some problems, but it often hung to the point of ctrl-alt-delete to exit on certain problems. I have boardmedic installed, but I don't have the original install file. I don't know if it will work if you just copy over the ..exe, .cnt, and .gid files. Let me know if you'd like to try, and I'll send you a zip file.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

Boardmedic sounds like what I am looking for. I just gave it a quick try, so I don't know how good it is. I'm not too surprised that it isn't very reliable.

If anyone has the installation file, I'd appreciate it. It might save me a lot of work should I have to edit an old design. If not, Mark, if you wouldn't mind sending me a zip I'll give it a try.

-- Ron

--
New Website:  http://www.FascinatingElectronics.com
Fascinating Electronics Inc, 925 SW 83 Avenue, Portland, OR 97225-6307
Toll Free: 800.683.5487    Direct Dial: 503.296.8579
Reply to
Ron Jackson

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hello Ron did you ever get help with your ivex trouble? Please let me know I might be able to help snipped-for-privacy@owl-inc.com good luck

------------------------------------- R> I've been using Ivex for a few years and have several board designs

sci.electronics.cad - 6374 messages and counting!

ROB