Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Scam or Not ?
Hi, looks gimmicky - but the specs and functions are SOTA. Pre -order one ? .... Phil Meet Pokit Pro, an all in one portable oscilloscope, multimeter and logger with unprecedented portability,...
4
4

Rant - why is it so hard?
My house didn't have a door bell when I moved in, and people just knocked. That seemed OK, until recently when I had repeated failed delivery attempts. After I'd installed a surveillance camera, it...
22
22

OT: Friday chuckle

Re: This is funny
The prices at RS rocketed up about a year ago, and now they're no longer offering free delivery on low-value orders. It makes E14 cheaper on a lot of occasions where previously it was the other way...
1
1

New scope
My 40 year old scope seems to have failed again the same way it did a while back - one of the X-axis drive transistors has failed - the same one as last time. Could just be chance again, but one has...
25
25

Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!
Hi, this looks expensive: ..... Phil Giant Tesla battery providing explosion in renewable energy – not as intended • The Register
11
11

Recessed power socket (Australian standard?)
Is there a standard or regulation applying to the geometry of recessed power sockets, or a regulation requiring them? I just ask because I have a Chinese plug that works fine with Australian outlets,...
1
1

How great is lockdown?
Really great. For me. I've been cleaning out the store-room (aka: The garage). Look at what I found: My very first power transistor (if you don't count the AC128 that came with my Philips Electronic...
24
24

Re: Jaycar owner passes
On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 01:47:53 -0700, Phil Allison scribed: Did he really ave anything to complain about? I knew an old pommy tank driver that 'lost' six tanks during WWII. He figured he had used up a...

Home automation etc
Well, not quite home automation, but SWMBO has decreed that I do something about the garage lighting. Here's what I think might make her happy: * Remote control of lighting outside the garage, which...
22
22

ebay liars
I have been trying to get a cheap clamp meter that is capable of DC current but almost all add are matter how I phrase the question they almost all say dc current but are not except for the very...
2
2

Aussies Love EVs ?
Hi, well, no they don't - there are hardly any here. Hybrids are popular, with taxis and fleet vehicles. But this guy is an engineer with bit of an attitude. Some time ago he bought an EV to see if...
6
6

Element 14 Q?
Hi, have Element 14 outsourced their Sydney call centre ? Every gal who answers seems to have an Asian accent. Used to be a shining example of how to do the job right with an all Aussie staff. ........
3
3

One for TW
Hi, Trevor Wilson's favorite movie is "The Dish" I like it a lot too. Set in 1969, it's an absolute, Aussie classic. ( Only thing maybe better was " Don's Party" ) Well, the dish techs out at Parkes...
17
17

automotive relay types confusion
I was looking at Jaycar and Altronics. They both sell automotive relays, and the datasheets for them describe the pinout as "Form A". However they are what auto-electricians call "type B".