Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Jaycar owner passes
On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 01:47:53 -0700, Phil Allison scribed: Did he really ave anything to complain about? I knew an old pommy tank driver that 'lost' six tanks during WWII. He figured he had used up a...

Home automation etc
Well, not quite home automation, but SWMBO has decreed that I do something about the garage lighting. Here's what I think might make her happy: * Remote control of lighting outside the garage, which...
22
22

ebay liars
I have been trying to get a cheap clamp meter that is capable of DC current but almost all add are matter how I phrase the question they almost all say dc current but are not except for the very...
2
2

Aussies Love EVs ?
Hi, well, no they don't - there are hardly any here. Hybrids are popular, with taxis and fleet vehicles. But this guy is an engineer with bit of an attitude. Some time ago he bought an EV to see if...
6
6

Element 14 Q?
Hi, have Element 14 outsourced their Sydney call centre ? Every gal who answers seems to have an Asian accent. Used to be a shining example of how to do the job right with an all Aussie staff. ........
3
3

One for TW
Hi, Trevor Wilson's favorite movie is "The Dish" I like it a lot too. Set in 1969, it's an absolute, Aussie classic. ( Only thing maybe better was " Don's Party" ) Well, the dish techs out at Parkes...
17
17

automotive relay types confusion
I was looking at Jaycar and Altronics. They both sell automotive relays, and the datasheets for them describe the pinout as "Form A". However they are what auto-electricians call "type B".

No More TO-3 Voltage Regulators?
Looking for a replacement LM340K-24 fixed 24V 1A linear regulator for my bench power supply I've dicovered that TO-3 voltage regulators seem to be in the last stages of disappearing entirely. Looking...
3
3

R-cores come from Mars ?
Hi, former regular poster here ( plus PITA) and now U-tube superstar "David L. Jones" is a barrel of laughs. 6 minutes into this RECENT vid, he discovers a R-core transformer in a tear down. Having no...
3
3

Serious power dirt cheap
There are a bunch of used HP common rail power supplies for sale on eBay. They have a 12v output at 62 amps (750 watts) and you can get one for less than $30 post free. Made by HP for data centre use...
9
9

Shipping from China
Is it just my imagination or are shipping fees from Chinese suppliers going up? The options for shipping a display only included DHL at $26, slightly more than the item itself, and a very small GPS...
7
7

Who likes Aussie V8s ?
Hi, V8 Commodore, rallying: .... Phil
21
21

I thought that it was only the HiFi world that was into this sort of juju
2
2

What is this called?
This attachment allows a cable to pass through a panel, and clamp the cable into position. I know I bought it from an ordinary outlet, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called. Any...
48
48

Ventilation on live equipment
I'm building something for use at home that contains a thermistor at mains potential. It's being used to sense room temperature, so ideally gets some air flow. I can't find any guidelines/rules...
2
2