Recessed power socket (Australian standard?)

Is there a standard or regulation applying to the geometry of recessed
power sockets, or a regulation requiring them?

I just ask because I have a Chinese plug that works fine with Australian
outlets, except a recessed-socket Arlec extension lead.

Re: Recessed power socket (Australian standard?)

AS/NZS3112 gives the dimensions and some other requirements for recessed
sockets and plugs to fit them, but I don't think it specifies under
which circumstances recessed sockets are required.

Site Timeline