My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

It was a beautiful piece of technology and I can't bring myself to throw it out.

Reply to
T.T.

If you don't, your grand kids will eventually. :-)

They will never know what it represented to you for many years. I dumped a lot of stuff recently, good bad, and ugly.

I had walls of Electronics magazines, and it took many months posting one out to each customer, when they went out in a yellow or red PO bag. Don't know if they enjoyed or even read them. But I preffered to do that to dumping them.

Cheers Don...

================================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Dontronics Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

**Why would you? I still have mine. I poured over specs for months, before I selected my Sanwa (50k/V) model (an AVO was WAY outside any rational budget in those days). Finally, on my 16th birthday, my parents spent a very significant chunk of money and bought me the model I wanted (with the leather - not pleatherT - case). Of course, it hasn't been used in years, but I would no sooner chuck it out, than cut off my arm or throw out my Faber Castell 2/83N (the Rolls Royce of slide rules).

Have you seen the price of analogue meters? They're more expensive than digitals.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"T.T."

** Not a Sanwa N501D by any chance ?

Bought one back in the early 1970s.

The 2uA ( !!! ) taut band movement died and rendered the thing useless.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Not quite that upmarket. It is a CX-505.

Reply to
T.T.

"T.T."

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The meter in the pic looks very much like the meter in a Peak multimeter I have had for ages

Let me know if you want a pic, as I would happily donate the Peak to a good cause (for the price of postage)

David

Reply to
David Ross

Thank you for the offer, but no thanks. My ugly, nameless DMM does anything I need, except to trigger floods of nostalgia.

Reply to
T.T.

Donny,

Is that why you dont invite me around anymore..

=8-(

Mik

Reply to
Mick DaDik

which one were you Mick?

:-)

Cheers Don...

========================

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:

Dontronics Site Map:
E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

:T.T. wrote: :> It was a beautiful piece of technology and I can't bring myself to :> throw it out. : :**Why would you? I still have mine. I poured over specs for months, before I :selected my Sanwa (50k/V) model (an AVO was WAY outside any rational budget :in those days). Finally, on my 16th birthday, my parents spent a very :significant chunk of money and bought me the model I wanted (with the :leather - not pleatherT - case). Of course, it hasn't been used in years, :but I would no sooner chuck it out, than cut off my arm or throw out my :Faber Castell 2/83N (the Rolls Royce of slide rules). : :Have you seen the price of analogue meters? They're more expensive than :digitals.

I just checked RS for an AVO model 8 Mk7 and it comes in at $2320 + gst.

Ross Herbert

Hand it down as a family heirloom - one day it will be worth a fortune.

Reply to
SFD