Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

this looks expensive:

https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/30/tesla_battery_on_fire/

.....   Phil

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

Hi Phil

It certainly does look expensive!

I saw the article yesterday and expected to see some reference on TV news yesterday evening but not a mention on ABC or SBS. Did it get a mention over East?

Perhaps the greenies don't like bad news about "Clean Energy" installations?

Dave

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!
I did see/hear about it on T.V. last night. They even showed an overhead
of one of the boxes burning/smoking.

I guessed the vision had come from one of those remote-pilot
drone-thingees!!
--
Daniel

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/tesla-battery-fire-moorabool-geelong/100337488

I was actually expecting something a little bigger for "largest
battery in the southern hemisphere".

I suppose we'll never hear what specifically went wrong, assuming
they can even figure it out.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!
Wasn't it a fire in a container owned by a subcontractor on site ?
Not a fault in the battery.

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!
Ahh correction just re-read the article. :-(

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!
 Dave Goldfinch wrote:
==================

**  The firies cannot use water directly on the fire and it seems there is no local supply either.

     The smoke is highly toxic and drifting into neighbouring properties.
     Needs to be lots of fire retardent kept on site.

    Massive target for terrorists too.

......    Phil

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

who hte fuck runs a large chaemical plant (thats all batteries are)
without suppression, fm200, inergen etc, christ, even Co2 would do hte
trick

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!
Victoria maybe, the are good on Covid suppression too.

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!
Every computer room that I've worked in had a Halon suppression system.

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

yep, they all have something thats effective, why is it pvt enterprise
can do it, but govts (ohhh and telstra) cant...

Re: Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

Dave has his say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukuSxK5VpI8

Site Timeline