What lockdown delays?

Ordered PCBs from PcbWay on Tuesday. Delivered to my door today (yes, Sunday) by DHL.

On other hand, I'm still waiting for FedEx to deliver a package that's been in Sydney since a week ago Thursday last.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I just checked the tracking on the one from Singapore that DHL got to Melbourne in a day and was then left sitting there since the 26th, and it's been delivered!

Well it hasn't, but the postie lies so that actually means it will probably be in the letter box later today.

Contacting DHL's customer service on Friday may or may not have helped (no reply since I gave them the tracking number that I thought the site would have submitted automatically).

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

I finally got that FexEx delivery today. It may, or may not, be a coincidence that yesterday I advised them that if they didn't contact me or deliver the package within a week, I'd start proceedings against them before NCAT to recover my property (I was serious - I would have).

They contacted me within the hour. Turns out their local delivery depot was closed for ten days. They didn't say why - Covid-19 issues? But we know that stuff happens; all they needed to do was communicate with their customers rather than leaving them in the dark. Why won't companies learn that simple lesson?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

WHAT?? On a Week-end?? Are you "Special" or something, Sylvia??

Have you been using their web-tracker site?? (So they have one??) If they had left a note there that might have saved some grief!

--
Daniel
Reply to

No, weekend deliveries have been going on for a while, as the various companied try to handle (and presumably profit from) the increased demand.

Yes. Their tracker just said it was subject to a delay beyond their control, which could mean anything, or be nothing more than an excuse for tardiness.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Wake up sunshine!! we have been getting deliveries up to 9pm without being "special"

Reply to
Rheilly