No Battery Electric Bus

Hi,

while not a fan of most " Green " energy ideas - this one really appeals. Done with good success decades ago, it is practical, cheap to install and run with no waste products.

Busses could travel 5kms or so between getting a fresh charge and off again in a couple of minutes.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Nice. Some maths too. I like the video. Have you seen the battery buses in Newcastle? Very impressive. A pantograph pops up at each station, providing recharge for the battery.
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

**Whoops. Battery trams.
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

=====================

** Yep - just checked it out. They call it " Light Rail " as with the non battery, similar system in Sydney.

BTW:

I liked how the flywheel bus got recharged so quickly by a hefty 3-phase motor from a three terminal overhead supply. No electronics, very little electricals and just mechanical drive.

Here is the Wiki on the same thing:

Q. How the heck was 3.4kWh per km considered expensive ?

Even today at domestic rates, that is only $1 per km for a 20+ seat bus !

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison wrote