More on bigpong

A week ago bigpong usenet went bung where I live so I had to use eternal sept. I spent one and a half hours geting somebody to tell my woes, trying to tell the monolith that it did not work when I finally got one of the technical service brains I told him the usenet server was down locally he thought I was talking a foreign language, he did not know what I was talking about (kept asking was it a service I paid for separately and other useless questions) he finally disappeared for ages (talking to other brains I expect, then came back and told me he had learned something that he did not know existed and would generate a report. Finally, today ,days later it works again. As a matter of interest,I subscribe to uk.legal and uk.legal.moderated but big pong does not have the moderated one so I use eternal sept for that, how on earth would you go about asking why it is not included and who controls such things,is there a secret bunker in bigpong with one single unapproachable ancient imprisoned within who controls the whole thing?

Reply to
F Murtz

When I was with a provider that claimed to provide usenet I would report outages in e-writing (email , web form) and include in my report the URL where they gave details of the service and give useful diagnostics such as tracroute or telnet output demostrating the outage.

It'd usually be back in about 48 hours.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

It's an old '286 box in the basement under a pile of dusty cartons. Sometimes when it rains it gets a bit wet and stops.

Reply to
swanny

They also use a Sinclair ZX80 - take a look under one of the dusty cartons next time youre there. I believe they have been thinking about upgrading to a Commodore 64.

Reply to
el Presidenti