Sony remote for MFM-HT75W ?

I just bought a one of these Sony TV/PC monitors as an open box special and it didn't have the remote. Sony parts wants $84.00 for one but doesn't have any in stock. The salesman said any Sony remote would work as they haven't changed the codes in years. We have an older Sony TV with remote RMV 310 that works find with the old TV but won't do squat with the new one. Is there something I can do to make it work? Or does anyone know if the universal/Sony remotes Radio Shack sells are worthwhile? tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Henry Kolesnik