Caller ID converter

Dear clever folks;
I live in Denmark have a bought a fine American telephone.
The Caller ID function doesn't work, since we use a different system
here. (America uses Bellcore FSK, Denmark uses DMTF).
I have now in Google found the following device hat should cure the
problem:
The Artech EX 220 Caller ID converter.

But where can you by the damn thing ? I have spent a long time
seaching, but can't find a retailer anywhere on earth..
I have been to Artech's main page
, but I can't
figure out how to order.l have written Artech, but so far no reply.
They obviously do not want to sell their products :-)
Any ideas of how to buy or suggestions for a similar product ?
Peter
Reply to
aa
It may have been my expression "fine American phone" that annoyed some people. All I wanted to say is that it is an attractivly designed wireless phone with several great functions like answering machine etc. and that it's caller ID system is the same one as they use in USA. All in order to pinpoint the problem. I do not automatically relate "fine" to "America" nor do I have prejudges against America, although I strongly oppose to many stupidities being committed "over there", especially over the last 3 years.
And by the way, the (General Electric) phone was bought in Venezuela, who's president Hugo Chávez is driving Bush and Condolezza Rice mad.. That certainly warms my heart ! :-)
How do I get the converter ?
P.
"Alf Katz" skrev i en meddelelse news:43995eb9$0$20235$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au...
Reply to
aa
"aa" = top posting, law breaking, Saab paddling total fool.
** As I pretty much expected .
So it is ** DOUBLY ** illegal to use it in Denmark.
It is not approved for the Danish phone network and it is not approved as a phone linked radio transmitting device in Denmark either.
......... Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
"aa"
** Nah - it was the fact you are such a smug and arrogant bloody idiot.
** What sort of madness makes you think the phone was actually made in the USA ????
** So NOW we find it is only approved for the ** Venezuela ** phone system and radio spectrum regulations !!!!
This Grate Dane's lunacy just gets better and better !!!!!!
** Try Googling one up - fool.
.......... Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
Ok. Now I understand.
I never said it was made in USA. Many Italian cars are not made in Italy etc, etc. By the way, what makes you think I drive Saab ?
As I suggested in my very first post, I have had no luck in doing do. To prove you are not a fool yourself, then please see if you can find the detailed info about purchasing a converter for me. If you can't, then that makes 2 of us...
Reply to
aa
"aa" = top posting, law breaking, Saab paddling total fool.
** Blatant lie.
** Never said you did.
** There could be a very simple reason for that - you over snipping fool.
** I have not intention of doing anything to help - since what YOU are doing is illegal.
Might as well ask me to track down prohibited drugs for you.
......... Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
i suggest you killfile the tosspot who is insulting you and start again.
Reply to
Ed-
"Ed-"
**I suggest you all killfile the above FUCKWIT, crim & congenital Horse's Arse .
......... Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
He didn't. To quote PA " ...Saab paddling.."
Stooooopid Phil thinks you paddle a Saab not realising that Saab is an automotive manufacturer. Of course, we wouldn't expect Phil to know that, because at the age of 53 he hasn't go a driver's licence. Mind you Saab also make busses, and I'm sure the little bleeder has caught one of them at some time. However he's too stooooopid to notice things like that. :P
Reply to
Alan Rutlidge
Well, if the phone has a display and is set up to receive Bell 202 (probable) or V.23 (which are usually interoperable - if the filters aren't too selective) it won't be able to display the DTMF caller ID they use in some scandinavian countries. Yepp, the separate display will work, but it won't display on his "fine American phone", the converter will.
Cheers, Alf
Reply to
Alf Katz
** Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ....... baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh .....
** LOL - this Eric sheep shagger never got them at any time.
** ROTFL
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhrrrrrrrrffffffff.
.......... Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
than I understand
wonder why??
time.
Such eloquent use of the English language as normal.
Sigh...............................
Philthy have you considered getting into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most hated and Killfiled person in UseNet history? Worth a go as you would actually end up with a documented and recognised achievement.
TT
Reply to
TT
DMTF what's that?
DTMF? DPSK?
Bye. Jasen
Reply to
Jasen Betts
the
opposed
systems
the
I daresay you mean BPSK??
Ken
Reply to
Ken Taylor
I think he means DTMF - Dual Tone Multi-Frequency
DPSK - Differential Phase Shift Keying
Reply to
Alan Rutlidge