Caller ID converter. Where to buy ?

By way of Google I found the following device which would like to buy. The Artech EX 220 Caller ID converter.

But even searching extensivly, I have been unable to find a retailer anywhere on earth. I wrote to Artech but have got no reply. I went to their homepage, but have been unable to figure out how to order.

Any suggestions of how to get it, or how to get a similar device ?

Peter

--
Peter Strömgren
Klassisk guitarist

did you notice no reply to company info, press room and contact us rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

I am not sure I understand what you mean. I tried to write to one of the email-adress given under "contact us", and didn't recieve reply. I can't figure out how to order. Maybe they do only whole-sale, but then someone else must be selling to normal customers.

I am looking for advice here.

Peter

Reply to
arrownet

I suspect these people put up a web page to see what response they would get, but don't actually have any product. rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

As others have suggested I think this product is not yet available to the public, and unless sufficient interest is demonstrated from prospective distributors, it probably won't be.

I would question the requirement to have a multi-standard converter particularly if you are not moving to another country where the signalling standards are different from your own. If you don't intend to move to another country why not just buy a DTMF type which is the type used in Denmark?

You might be able to find something here

Ross Herbert

Peter

I am also looking for the same device, I need to convert US Bellcor

to German ETSI

I found two places where I think they sell the EX220 but I don't spea

Dutch so I am not sure how to order

please let me know if you have found a vendor or if the followin

websites can help you

or

look under accessoires

crsarnelli

"Ross Herbert" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I excpect you are right in that the converter may not exist, due to little interest. You can ALWAYS get a similar product in your own country, so when people still want converters, it can be because they have special reasons to having exactly the model they got abroad. Could be the design or emotional reasons: It maybe belonged to someone special or it reminds you of a special time spent in that county. Some will say "Get a life.." . Others will say "Get a converter.." I have a Venezuelan blender... same story. Had to get the voltage converter although a blender is cheap here, but can't get that special design.

Reply to
arrownet

Dear CR:

I tracked down the fabric in Taiwan, and they replied once that since they don't have a retailer in Denmark (where I live) I maybe would have to order directly from. I can't see that they have a retailer anywhere on earth ! I wrote again to order from them but they have not replied yet. snipped-for-privacy@artech.com.tw

Also tried some Dutch sites (including the ones you mention) but I even though I understand some Dutch, it seems impossible to order although there are prices and order links. You end up nowhere...

I have just written to one of the Dutch companies, but will not expect an answer... I have a feeling this product is not in production, as suggested by others in this group before.

Peter

--
Peter Strömgren
Klassisk guitarist
Leder, International Guitar Festival Aarhus
Polensgade 42, st.th.
2300 København S
Tlf. 32 84 84 34
www.aarhusguitarfestival.dk
Reply to
arrownet

"arrownet" skrev i en meddelelse news:8b003$43c508cd$3e3d8475$ snipped-for-privacy@news.arrownet.dk...

I got in contact with the Dutch vendor and I got a converter called EM 3100 from them. It works fine. It is not from Artech but from a company called Emay.

Peter

Reply to
sunsite