Aussies wait for Google Instant

Sep 9, 2010 12:34 PM New interface claims to save 11 hours every second.

Google last night unveiled its Instant search interface that suggested and displayed search results while users typed.

The tool leveraged more powerful infrastructure in Google's data centres and could save two to five seconds per search -

11 hours every second if it was used globally, Google claimed.

Instant was launched last night in San Francisco. A spokesman said it would be deployed on Google.com "in the coming days", and on Australia and New Zealand sites "in the coming weeks".

Full Story at:

However Aussies can try it out direct, by going to:

Cheers Don...

=============

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

displayed search results while users typed.

could save two to five seconds per search -

deployed on Google.com "in the coming

Overall I like it but I wish they would give less of a summary for each item to allow more on a page to see it better. Not that google cares what a user thinks.

Reply to
SolomonW