Aussies Love EVs ?

Hi, well, no they don't - there are hardly any here. Hybrids are popular, with taxis and fleet vehicles. But this guy is an engineer with bit of an attitude. Some time ago he bought an EV to see if they matched the popular hype. Of course they do not:

Much Aussie humor in abundance. Will be incomprehensible to some ..... ..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Of course. Running costs are much lower, provided distances travelled are significant.
**I'm a BIG FAN OF John Cadogan. In fact, these videos were, in no small part, responsible for my choice of my last car purchase (the first brand new car I've ever owner):

Everything John says about the Subaru is bang-on. Safe, quick and comfortable. And toys, after 3 years of ownership, I have yet to explore fully.

AND, everything John says about EVs is bang-on. However, his words do not take into account a couple of facts:

  • 'Peak oil' has already been reached. Petrol and Diesel will just become more expensive over time.
  • Eventually, Australians will see sense and dump this abortion of a Liberal government and install a government that realises that EVs are inevitable. At that point in time, petrol prices will rise, as CO2 taxes are installed.
Trevor Wilson

**Oh yeah, there is one more thing that John overlooked.

A client collected his amp a few weeks back. I walked to his car and noted that he had a Tesla Model 3. I had never seen one close up, so I had a good look. A bit spartan, but it had everything that was needed. I asked him a bunch of questions. Quality control - tick. Acceleration. - tick tick. "In fact", he said, 'my other car is a Ferrari 458. The Tesla is a bit quicker. The Tesla doesn't handle quite as well, but it is, by any objective measure, very good indeed." His Tesla is the two motor, all wheel drive one.

So, for roughly 1/3rd the cost of a Ferrari 458, one can own a car that accelerates very quickly indeed.

If Tesla made a small station wagon (like my Suby), I'd be standing at the head of the queue.

I love this video:

Trevor Wilson

=================

** TW:

FYI:

Just because a thing was not mentioned - does not make it relevant.

Yaawnnnnnnnnn...

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**It makes it relevant to SOME drivers. The Tesla Model 3 (and, indeed all Teslas) offer performance that far exceeds that of any other car that is remotely close to the same price.
Trevor Wilson

The guys a lying scammer, he was well known in the car trade for telling dealers and importers, "Give me this vehicle for 12 months and a petrol card or I'll give you a bad review, sight unseen."

And he never declared his interest in the Hyundai importer...

Of course a stopped clock is correct twice a day, but he's scum.

Cheers, Gary B-)

--
Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...
Reply to

**Perhaps much (or all) of what you say is correct. I don't know and I assume you cannot provide any evidence to back your claims?

For my part, I did *a lot* of research before I purchased my car in late

2017. The research included speaking to owners of many vehicles (I test drove something like 20 different cars). ALL the Mercedes owners reported annoying and sometimes catastrophic faults with their cars (one guy had 27 different faults with his C Class Benz). VW owners reported a range of annoying faults. All the Japanese and Korean car owners reported exceptional reliability. When it came to testing, I tested the Benz CLA Shooting Brake and the C Class wagon. Both fell well short of the capabilities of the Subaru Levorg in every area (particularly the CLA, which had this 'coffin-like' accommodation for driver and passenger

- the C Class was much better). By a very considerable margin. Not to mention the $25k ~ $30k price hit.

So, IME, John Cadogan was bang-on.

And, to drag it back onto topic: Pretty much every word mentioned by John in the video is also bang-on.

Trevor Wilson