Aussies Love EVs ?

 well, no they don't - there are hardly any here.
 Hybrids are popular, with taxis and fleet vehicles.

 But this guy is an engineer with bit of an attitude.
 Some time ago he bought an EV to see if they matched the popular hype.

 Of course they do not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbDgBZTUWg

 Much Aussie humor in abundance.
 Will be incomprehensible to some .....

 ..... Phil

Re: Aussies Love EVs ?

**Of course. Running costs are much lower, provided distances travelled
are significant.

**I'm a BIG FAN OF John Cadogan. In fact, these videos were, in no small
part, responsible for my choice of my last car purchase (the first brand
new car I've ever owner):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAw4JtcgG_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZym3isTfA

Everything John says about the Subaru is bang-on. Safe, quick and
comfortable. And toys, after 3 years of ownership, I have yet to explore
fully.

AND, everything John says about EVs is bang-on. However, his words do
not take into account a couple of facts:

* 'Peak oil' has already been reached. Petrol and Diesel will just
become more expensive over time.
* Eventually, Australians will see sense and dump this abortion of a
Liberal government and install a government that realises that EVs are
inevitable. At that point in time, petrol prices will rise, as CO2 taxes
are installed.

Re: Aussies Love EVs ?

The guys a lying scammer, he was well known in the car trade for telling
dealers and importers, "Give me this vehicle for 12 months and a petrol
card or I'll give you a bad review, sight unseen."

And he never declared his interest in the Hyundai importer...

Of course a stopped clock is correct twice a day, but he's scum.

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)

--
Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...

Re: Aussies Love EVs ?

**Perhaps much (or all) of what you say is correct. I don't know and I
assume you cannot provide any evidence to back your claims?

For my part, I did *a lot* of research before I purchased my car in late
2017. The research included speaking to owners of many vehicles (I test
drove something like 20 different cars). ALL the Mercedes owners
reported annoying and sometimes catastrophic faults with their cars (one
guy had 27 different faults with his C Class Benz). VW owners reported a
range of annoying faults. All the Japanese and Korean car owners
reported exceptional reliability. When it came to testing, I tested the
Benz CLA Shooting Brake and the C Class wagon. Both fell well short of
the capabilities of the Subaru Levorg in every area (particularly the
CLA, which had this 'coffin-like' accommodation for driver and passenger
- the C Class was much better). By a very considerable margin. Not to
mention the $25k ~ $30k price hit.

So, IME, John Cadogan was bang-on.

And, to drag it back onto topic: Pretty much every word mentioned by
John in the video is also bang-on.

Re: Aussies Love EVs ?

**Oh yeah, there is one more thing that John overlooked.

A client collected his amp a few weeks back. I walked to his car and
noted that he had a Tesla Model 3. I had never seen one close up, so I
had a good look. A bit spartan, but it had everything that was needed. I
asked him a bunch of questions. Quality control - tick. Acceleration. -
tick tick. "In fact", he said, 'my other car is a Ferrari 458. The Tesla
is a bit quicker. The Tesla doesn't handle quite as well, but it is, by
any objective measure, very good indeed." His Tesla is the two motor,
all wheel drive one.

So, for roughly 1/3rd the cost of a Ferrari 458, one can own a car that
accelerates very quickly indeed.

If Tesla made a small station wagon (like my Suby), I'd be standing at
the head of the queue.

I love this video:

https://vimeo.com/253258542

Re: Aussies Love EVs ?
Trevor Wilson wrote:

** TW:

FYI:

Just because a thing was not mentioned - does not make it relevant.

Yaawnnnnnnnnn...

.....  Phil

Re: Aussies Love EVs ?

**It makes it relevant to SOME drivers. The Tesla Model 3 (and, indeed
all Teslas) offer performance that far exceeds that of any other car
that is remotely close to the same price.