============================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Pity about the aerial cabling though..

Back when Foxtel cable was be : :The subject says it all: :

: :Cheers Don... : :============================

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Underground power is about to be run through suburbs around us over the next year. There must be possible synergies with NBN, even if they can't use the same trench they'll have all the equipment such as the steerable drills around. Probably that degree of alignment between two major projects is a bit too much to expect, regrettably.

Reply to
Noodnik

:> Back when Foxtel cable was being rolled out in Perth they wanted use the :> power :> poles like they had done in Brisbane and other places on the east coast. :> They :> were knocked back by Western Power and the state government so we got ours :> below :> ground. I imagine the same will apply when the fibre is rolled out in :> Perth and :> suburbs. :>

:> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:31:33 +1000, Don McKenzie wrote: :>

:Underground power is about to be run through suburbs around us over the next :year. There must be possible synergies with NBN, even if they can't use the :same trench they'll have all the equipment such as the steerable drills :around. Probably that degree of alignment between two major projects is a :bit too much to expect, regrettably. :

Shouldn't be any need to lay more ducts... Telstra will get $B11 for their infrastructure so NBNCo can use those ducts.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

:> Back when Foxtel cable was being rolled out in Perth they wanted use the :> power :> poles like they had done in Brisbane and other places on the east coast. :> They :> were knocked back by Western Power and the state government so we got ours :> below :> ground. I imagine the same will apply when the fibre is rolled out in :> Perth and :> suburbs. :>

:> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:31:33 +1000, Don McKenzie wrote: :>

:Underground power is about to be run through suburbs around us over the next :year. There must be possible synergies with NBN, even if they can't use the :same trench they'll have all the equipment such as the steerable drills :around. Probably that degree of alignment between two major projects is a :bit too much to expect, regrettably. :

Found this link;

Ross Herbert

Back when Optus cable was being rolled out in Sydney they wanted to use the power poles. For our street they got an objection from the local council who claimed it was a "heritage area", so we got ours not at all.

Foxtel, on the other hand did it below ground so there was no problem with that.

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood