8.8 magnitude quake strikes Japan

terryc wrote

Yep, its called a heatbank.

Reply to
Rod Speed

terryc wrote

this and got in early (well very early).

up for 200%...that was a real luck :)

are good streets with good houses going

and there has to be some sort of

superannuation and with shares maxed,

Fantasy.

Easier said than done for many with real estate prices the way they currently are.

How odd that it hasnt.

Reply to
Rod Speed

service, and there has to be some sort of

superannuation and with shares maxed,

Yep, the GFC showed that didn't it?

are.

So it is all speculators is it?

Reply to
terryc

terryc wrote

superannuation and with shares maxed,

Nope.

are.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

did this and got in early (well very early).

high up for 200%...that was a real luck :)

here are good streets with good houses going

service, and there has to be some sort of

superannuation and with shares maxed,

ntly are.

I doubt that that is going to happen. RE is maxed out and has been for the past 3-4 years. I'm surprised that it hasn't fallen very much yet. They probably cannot let it fall, as it would leave the banks without much equity to back their loans and that might impact their credit rating, along with interest rates (and the country).

A property manager at a Realty we use told me that they have sold only

5 properties since Christmas, the buyers negotiated hard and got big reductions on those and the realty are basically living off their property management side of the business. (which they are very good at).

I wouldn't be putting money into shares myself as I know little about it, and as for Super, little doubt that this will be gutted in some way to refill the gov coffers before I get to retirement age. Might never make it there, as it is being raised every couple of years.

On the other hand, those who invested in Silver a couple of years back, would have a smile on their face right now :)

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

are.

We'll see...

Plenty have claimed that in the past and got egg all over their faces when they did.

Fantasy.

So was that fool economist who actually sold his place and proclaimed that prices would fall, and they actually increased instead.

Thats drivel, plenty of mortages wouldnt still have plenty of equity.

Nope.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you dont have a clue about the basics.

And with the rental market very tight indeed, even the completely incompetant can rent everything they have.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you dont have a clue about the basics.

Thats not super, thats the pension.

Easy to say that after the event.

Reply to
Rod Speed