Before I break this connector...

I'd like to know if there is way to tell ahead of time how to remove this cable. I've found that trial and error can lead to unrecoverable errors! By the way, this is (I think) the display connector to the Tascam DL-44WL that I posted about yesterday. I would like to remove it before turning the board upside down to get to the display.

Thanks for your replies.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Just a guess, but it looks like the black "comb" would tilt upwards and stop pinching the flat flex ... possibly FPC type connector.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We have a winner! Thanks Andy. I gently lifted that "comb" and it easily came up.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

With your finger nail , lift up the gray plastic tab. It is hinged on the back.

Chuck

That worked!

Thanks.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

There's also the "wedge" type that jams the cable in - they just slide out slightly instead of flipping up.

Reply to
Ian Field

Hi Ian,

Yes, wouldn't it be nice if there were some type of universal marking on the connector so we'd know ahead of time where to pull? I thought I'd make sure this time by asking first. (-:

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

._SX425_.jpg

+connector+pick+tool+set

unlike written in English computer directions, connectors usually appear ra tional and concise. But always use a tool ?. And 3 hands.

CRC electronics cleaner followed with CRC silicone from Wal are useful thru dusty coverings.

Reply to
avagadro7

That clamrake will let you do four connectors at once!

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

MY INTRO was a dead fan in a Dell 1750 ? Vista. Directions from UK.

tool found was a single shaft pick, formerly screwdriver, then bent into a

90 so the lower leg spanned the connector for reassembly. a 2 prong pick is better for apart.

we are thankful for vinyl esters .....

Reply to
avagadro7