Or the manufacturer?

It says CKM on the shell. Who is CKM?

John

"John Larkin"

Molex Mini-Fit Jr?

Andrew
Reply to
Andrew

Looks promising. I'll get some PCB-mount Molexes and see if they mate up.

Thanks.

John

I used to work for a large deep pockets politically-correct company. We were informed about changes in terminology:

Motherboards are now backplanes. Male connectors are now plugs. Female connectors are now receptacles. Daughter cards are now mezzanines.

So, in the spirit of this, please refer your connectors not as being able to "mate up" but rather as being "mechanically compatible".

Thanks, John.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

I thought backplanes were dumb and motherboards had some electronics (beyond drivers/terminators). We called them "card on board", likely just to be different.

In the '70s, a my PPoE, "joysticks" were forbidden. Believe it or not, the PC term was "cursor control box". Cursor? Box? How naughty!

Reply to
krw

Molex probably makes a mating connector.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

On a sunny day (Wed, 20 May 2009 19:47:53 -0700) it happened "BobW" wrote in :

Was it here that I did read about the expression 'master slave' fliflop needing replacement? LOL

How about 'SREW'(driver)? etc.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

For fiftysome years now it has puzzled me that if a male connector is a jack, why isn't a female connector a jill?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering - JIm

Great. Thanks.

John

At one shop where I worked, some gal had picked up some loose nuts and bolts around her workstation and wasn't sure what to do with them, so she came to me (the nearest tech) and asked, "Wanna screw?"

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to say, "I thought you'd _never_ ask!", but I just leered at her with a silly grin.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

This is not applicable, since a male connector is a plug.

The _female_ connector is the jack. Wrap your brain around _that_ one! ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise