Has anyone successfully used opencores PCI in FPGA desings?

Hi!

Has anyone successfully used opencores PCI in FPGA desings?

I have seen this question posted a few years ago and I would like to see if there are new answers to it.

Reply to
Robert

Hi Robert,

I am not sure this is what you are looking for, but my company Brace Design Solutions has just released a Xilinx (TM) LogiCORE (TM) PCI compatible PCI IP core called BDS XPCI PCI IP core. BDS XPCI32 PCI IP core is available for as little as $100 for non-commercial, personal use, and the 64-bit version BDS XPCI64 PCI IP core (Includes BDS XPCI32 PCI IP core) goes for $200. Obviously, this version is going to restrict the use to non-commercial, personal use, but that shouldn't be a problem for FPGA beginners, FPGA hobbyists, computer hardware enthusiasts, or student graduation projects. With this PCI IP core, almost anyone can make their own PCI device for as little as $400. ($275 Insight Electronics Spartan-II 200 PCI Development Kit + $100 BDS XPCI32 PCI IP core.) Insight Electronics Spartan-II 200 PCI Development Kit is fully supported by this PCI IP core, and Avnet Xilinx Spartan-3 Evaluation Kit support will be added in the future. (The PCI IP core works fine with Spartan-3.) For commercial users who want to modify BDS XPCI PCI IP core or want to convert a design that uses Xilinx LogiCORE PCI to an ASIC, BDS XPCI PCI IP core is available in Verilog HDL RTL, although it isn't cheap like the non-commercial, personal use version. For more information, visit Brace Design Solutions website at

Kevin Brace

Robert wrote:

--
Brace Design Solutions
Xilinx (TM) LogiCORE (TM) PCI compatible BDS XPCI PCI IP core available

Xilinx and LogiCORE are registered trademarks of Xilinx, Inc.
Reply to
Kevin Brace

Yes, we're using one atm. It is yet to be released but is fully functional.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark McDougall

We have used it in a Xilinx V2 3000, and are going to use it in a V4FX60.

There is a mail list for the PCI core at opencores, and it is archived at the web site. You might want to ask this question there, or search the archive to see if it has already been asked.

Regards,

John McCaskill

Reply to
John McCaskill