Coolrunner output pins stuck at 0V

Maybe someone can make a suggestion:

I'm building a board with a Coolrunner XPLA3384 on it, however, my intitial (very very basic) test code is running into problems... The device is programmed and verified successfully, but all (configured) output pins remain at ground.

Pins not configured as outputs a pulled up by the internal pullup resistors, just as when the device is in an erased state. I'm using dedicated JTAG pins to configure the device

I've checked the power and ground pins, all are looking good, same goes for short circuits between the pins and ground...

I feel I'm missing something small - can anyone perhaps make a suggestion on where to look?

Thanks

johannes

jvdh

Since the output state after configuration is probably low for those outputs stuck at ground, I would first make sure that you are indeed supplying a clock to the part and that the pin you supply the clock to is the same one used by the logic...

"when everything doesn't move, check the clock first..."

Just my 2 cents,

Gabor

jvdh wrote:

Reply to
Gabor

Thaks for your 2 c :)

Unfortunately I currently only using combinatorial logic (output0

Reply to
jvdh

Downloading and installing SP4 from the Xilinx site eventually solved my problems...

johannes

Reply to
jvdh

Reply to
vlsi

I found the problem description in the Xilinx Answers database (Answer Record #21168), the downloads can be found at

- use the ISP SP, even if you're using Webpack (both use the same installer).

For the code - just start with something REALLY simple, then build up from there...

jvdh

Reply to
jvdh