Programming XCR3064xl - voltage at output stuck at 0

I am programming Xilinx xcr3064xl device:

I use the simplest possible code to drive output pins, i.e. I simply assign one or zero, for example: P43

Reply to
xcr3064xl

- What does the fitter report file say ?

- Does the fuse-file change with the two compile choices ?

- You could try something a little more complex : PinA = !PinB and see what that does ?. It's hazy, but ISTR issues with XCR devices and static pin defines (or similar) ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

device:

Digilient:

For you 3064XL's that aren't working, are the power and ground wiring the same as the Digilent board? Do you have bypass caps the same as or similar to the Digilent board? If your problem chip is a PC44 package, then pin 43 is an input-only pin. Pick another pin that can do I/O.

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

I cannot check that at the moment. I will check and post the result tomorrow.

I am pretty sure I have tried this in the process but will try again.

I've googled for it but with no luck so far.

K.

Reply to
xcr3064xl

I'm using a different xilinx device (compared to the Digilent board) but power and ground look OK.

It's VQ44. But I've tried other pins as well, e.g. pin 14.

K.

Reply to
xcr3064xl

I looked into the HTML fitter report. After I commented out assignments to two pins, the number of 'Pins Used' went down by two. That looks sensible.

Which one is the fuse file?

I ran a diff on two directories (VHDL in one directory had two PINxx

Reply to
xcr3064xl

After 'generate programming file' run, you should have a DesignName.JED file.

If that does not change (and it is not in your list) then it seems the tools are 'droppnig the ball'.

Does the fitter .RPT file change equations for the pin ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I only listed a couple (but not all) files that differed. (quote: "Here are _some_ differences:")

The complete list is at the bottom of this post: The first directory (with the -commented suffix) has the assignments commented out, the other (with the drive0 suffix) has it seems the tools are 'droppnig the ball'.

Reply to
xcr3064xl