Another problem getting ISE 6.3i running on Linux

Hey guys,

I am trying to install ISE 6.3i on a Gentoo distribution. I tried Fedora and couldn't get it to work either, so I'm sticking with Gentoo since I know its workings better. Anyways, when I try to install I get:

isengard cdrom # ./setup

-bash: ./setup: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

I can kind of get around this by doing:

isengard cdrom # bash ./setup ./setup: line 169: /mnt/cdrom/xilsetup: Permission denied

************ setup done! ***************

But it returns in about 1/2 a second, so I know it's not really doing anything. It looks as if there are problems with the file permissions...but:

isengard cdrom # ls -al total 5270 drwxr-xr-x 6 20230 902 2048 Dec 31 1969 . drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 240 Jan 22 11:20 .. drwxr-xr-x 3 20230 902 2048 Jul 21 2004 bin drwxr-xr-x 2 20230 902 2048 Jul 21 2004 data drwxr-xr-x 2 20230 902 6144 Jul 21 2004 idata

-rwxr-xr-x 1 20230 902 3643 Jul 21 2004 setup drwxr-xr-x 4 20230 902 2048 Jul 21 2004 usenglish

-rwxr-xr-x 1 20230 902 3545396 Jul 21 2004 xilsetup

-rwxr-xr-x 1 20230 902 1828068 Jul 21 2004 xilxinfo

-rwxr-xr-x 1 20230 902 3093 Jul 21 2004 xinfo

looks like everyone has execute and read permissions. any ideas?

-- brian szmyd snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Neiko

Have you set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL env variable to 2.4.7?

setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.7

I'm running 6.3i on several distributions, Fedora Core 3 AMD64, Mandrake

10.1, and Whitebox 3.0 (RHEL 3.0), works fine on all of them.
Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

I had the same problem when I tried to run the installers from the cd. Then I copied the content of the CDs on my hard disk and the problem disappeared.

I succesfully > >

Reply to
Bertrand Rousseau

I once fixed that error by converting the script dos2unix before executing it. Good luck.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

This seems to have solved my install problem, and I got both CDs installed, but when I try to run ise, it seem EXTREMEMLY SLOW, in fact I gave up waiting for UI to finish drawing itself...i did get some warnings:

szmyd@isengard ~ $ Xilinx/bin/lin/ise Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused unable to register (registryProg, registryVers, tcp)

Wind/U Error (248): Failed to connect to the registry on server isengard OLE API Function OleInitialize is not currently implemented. Further warnings will be suppressed

Bertrand Rousseau wrote:

Reply to
Neiko

My box runs usually Seti on a nice level of 19. But Xilinx' GUI tools are affected by this. That means ISE, Floorplanner and FPGAEditor are very slow if Seti runs, look for tasks consuming performance.

OLE is Object Linking and Embbeding, IMHO only available under Windows or Wine.

Bye Tom

Reply to
Thomas Reinemann

I did not had this problem. But maybe you should look at /etc/hosts to see if you have a line like

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost isengard

cause it seems that the GUI can't connect to the server (it can't resolve 'isengard'). Note that I'm completely unsure about this, I'm just giving you some hints. Furthermore I suppose you are running on your PC ('localhost') and not on a distant server.

Oh, and when I start XPS it takes always a l> This seems to have solved my install problem, and I got both CDs

Reply to
Bertrand Rousseau

Ayup ;) Same here. When I am going to run the tools, I first execute an alias which does environment confuration:

alias xi 'seti stop;source /opt/Xilinx/settings.csh;source /opt/EDK/setup.csh;source /opt/eldk/v2p_bsp_envs.csh'

--
My real email is akamail.com@dclark (or something like that).
Reply to