ISE SP4 installer on Linux

Is anyone else having problems with the ISE service pack 4 installer crashing on Linux (any flavour)? SP2 worked all right for me, but it seems they broke something in SP4. Anyways, to work around this, I wrote a ten line shell script to replace Xilinx's setup program. Sorry it doesn't display any marketing propaganda while installing.

cheers, aaron

#!/bin/sh -x # # replace Xilinx's 'setup' with file and set the XILINX variable appropriately #

XILINX= some path to install to

install (){ if [ ! -x `dirname $2` ]; then mkdir -p `dirname $2`; fi cp -f $1 $2 }

for i in `cat idata/add.mnf`; do install add/$i $XILINX/$i done

for i in `cat idata/replace.mnf`; do install replace/$i $XILINX/$i done

Reply to
aholtzma

I've tried it right now and everything went well.

BTW: backticks are deprecated, use $() instead ;)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Unter NT gibt es keine Admins und Anwender, nur Luser. (Jonas Luster in dasr)
Reply to
Adrian Knoth

Deprecated? Why bother? It's not like they can remove the backtick feature from the shell without breaking a bazillion existing scripts.

They can have my backtick when they pry it out of my cold, dead shell scripts. :-)

Reply to
Eric Smith

POSIX? Don't know. I think is was ok in the 90ties, but I wouldn't use them in new scripts ;)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Nicht alles was hinkt, ist ein Vergleich.
Reply to
Adrian Knoth

Which distrib do you use ? In Fedora Core 4 it works fine. I had a problem trying the first time to install it from an NFS share. But uncompressing the files to a LOCAL location solved the problem.

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™