ISE and Linux

Does it function with every distribution of Linux?

There is a way to try the 64 bit version or I need to recompile everything by myself?

Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco

No. It is supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. You *might* be able to get it working on another distribution, but Xilinx won't help you with it.

I suspect that it would run on CentOS 3.x without too much hassle, because that's a clone of RHEL3.

I've been able to use ISE BaseX 7.1i on Fedora Core 3 with only some minor annoyances.

Good luck recompiling ISE without the source code.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

everything

Ohhhhh.... what a stupid I am! When I written about recompiling I thought that Xilinx include also source into CDs... impossible thing...

So, the simple way to use ISE is with Windows... what a pity!!!

Reply to
Marco

thought

Only those?

In this case I will download it immediately.

Thanks

Reply to
Marco

No you don't have to subject yourself to Windows. It works fine with Fedora Core 3. There are a couple of trivial work arounds that you need to do. You need to set an env variable,

setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.7

And you need to create a link

ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2

Reply to
B. Joshua Rosen

thought

Even if I use a 32 bit ISE version, may I download fedora 64 bit version?

Reply to
Marco

Webpack doesn't include a 64-bit verion. The full ISE release does. However, my license for ISE is only for BaseX, and that isn't supported for 64-bit. Before I realized that I tried to get it working, but I ran into many problems and switched to the 32-bit version, which mostly just needed some older libraries from FC2.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith