Running Chipscope >=12.x on Linux.

When I tried to use Chipscope on my Linux machine, I got, the following error:

COMMAND: open_cable INFO: Started ChipScope host (localhost:50001) ERROR: Failed to open connection to server localhost:50001 (localhost/

127.0.0.1) java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable ERROR: No server found at:localhost:50001 (localhost/127.0.0.1) INFO: Try again after starting the server on machine localhost in a command window and verify that the server opens port 50001, without any error messages. The command is: /opt/Xilinx/12.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/cse_server -port 50001

The solution was to modify the system settings by calling as root:

# /sbin/sysctl net.ipv6.bindv6only=0

This problem was also reported by someone else here:

And I've found the solution here:

wzab