PC104 Embedded software

I recently purchased a PC104, what operating systems can be purchased to run
these boards.

I have a Compact Flash Card aa a hard drive using windows 95 and 98 which
writes continusly to the compact flash.

I would imagine this would shorten the life of the card.
Would I be best using "CE" or Linix, C++, Dos etc.

Thanks Simon

Re: PC104 Embedded software
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:12:14 +0800, "Simon Colins"

If you're dead set on spending money, I can't help you. But DR-DOS,
FreeDOS and Linux will work just fine on most PC/104 CPU's. They're
actually an ISA based PC on one or more cards. I have done quite a bit
with them over the past half-dozen years.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Re: PC104 Embedded software
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:12:14 +0800, "Simon Colins"

Yes

Or turn off swap files page file setc. Or setup a RAM disk?

Pieter

Re: PC104 Embedded software
You can use DOS. Here you can find out heaps C++, C# and VB source
code running under DOS and Windows. You can make your DOS or Windows
controller to be Web-Enabled, link your sensors to your web browsers.

http://www.vmautomation.com
http://www.vmcontrol.com

Site Timeline