Excuse me for my little knowledge in pc104.

What is the easiest way to communicate between a pc104 and a ordinary pc, is it possible by pci slot ? In order to do that do I need the pc104+ ?


Reply to
Loading thread data ...

You can plug a PC104 card into an ISA bus connector by using an adaptor board. But you may have a problem finding a PC with an ISA bus connector these days. They still exist, but have gotten rather pricey.

You can do the same thing with a PC/104+ board, plugging it into a PCI slot using an adaptor card. But I have not seen many of these. It is very hard to make an adaptor card that meets the PCI spec, in fact, I don't think it is actually possible unless a bridge chip is used. But look around, I bet they are available somewhere.

Rick "rickman" Collins

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.