Pc104

F.Y.I

Excuse me for my little knowledge in pc104.

What is the easiest way to communicate between a pc104 and a ordinary pc, is it possible by pci slot ? In order to do that do I need the pc104+ ?

thanks

Reply to
adi

You can plug a PC104 card into an ISA bus connector by using an adaptor board. But you may have a problem finding a PC with an ISA bus connector these days. They still exist, but have gotten rather pricey.

You can do the same thing with a PC/104+ board, plugging it into a PCI slot using an adaptor card. But I have not seen many of these. It is very hard to make an adaptor card that meets the PCI spec, in fact, I don't think it is actually possible unless a bridge chip is used. But look around, I bet they are available somewhere.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.