PC104 operating system

I recently purchased a PC104, what operating systems can be purchased to run these boards.

I have a Compact Flash Card as a hard drive using windows 95 and 98 which writes continusly to the compact flash.

I would imagine this would shorten the life of the card. Would I be best using Linix.

Thanks Simon

Reply to
Simon Colins

That is obvious if you are asking here. You can use Linux at no cost.

Of course you can use Windows (e.g. XP embedded and CE versions), VxWorks and many other propriety OSes, too.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

You can use DOS. Here you can find out heaps C++, C# and VB source code running under DOS and Windows. Some examples show you how to communicate to serial port and and Ethernet. You can make your DOS or Windows controller to be Web-Enabled, link your sensors to your web browsers.

vmautomation

PC104 is simply an ISA bus but laid out in a different way. I'm assuming that what you have is a CPU rather than just a card that plugs into a PC104 bus.

Reply to
Mike